Admin Area Document Upload

tomdchi

I needed the ability to archive documents associated with clients. The contents of the zip file achieve this. This saves the file contents in the database instead of uploading the file to a directory. I prefer this to be organized and keeping it as simple as possible.

Details:

Upload form in the clientsummary.tpl to upload documents into the database saved as blob.

Download script to view the names of the documents and to download. This needs to have a delete function written into it and is on the to do list:-)

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Tom

clientdocupload.zip

Thanks but what if I do not want the files go to database?

I only designed this for my purposes. You can search "mysql php file upload" on google and find some tutorials on how to make your own script. Thats how I did this. A completely different script would be needed to save files into a directory. I would think you would want it to create a sub directory for each client as well. If not you would have a jumble of files. Thats why I prefered this approach.

• 5 months later...

Files being added to the database would grow exponentially!

So would anyone be able to provide code for file upload to server folder?

So for example:

- uploaded file would reside in /docs.upload/*

- file names: Company.REF_Number(unique).EXT

e.g.: ABC_Constructions.REF_82039.doc

I think that would be a fantastic idea, even if both clients and admins could upload small files (perhaps restrict to 500kb or allow user to set in settings and php.ini).

Thanks for the great work! (:

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i know but unless you do that i dont see how it can be a part of a specific customer

manually managing a folder and subfolders on the server would not be too desirable

on another note, i found this:

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/plugins_filemanager.php

its the same people who make the html editor for the kb section of whmcs itself

i know its just a file manager and does nto make the files a part of a specific customer but i am just looking for any ideas on how we might use this in some way

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

This is a great addon. I also would prefer to use this but for server uploads. As anyone managed to achieve this or have a go at amending it, would be willing to pay for this as I need to offer documents to clients for quote/contract reasons.

If not any pointers to achieve this would be great! (if the code can be used if agreed by the author of course)

Thanks

Andy

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
the latest version of whmcs has this included in it. It works very well and has the added benefit of being able to set upload to admin only. If not set then the client can view the doc in the client area.

Hi Tomdchi,

I don't see this setting anywhere. Where is this located?

I'm expecting that this will work only if your using the WHMCS support system or does this not matter?..

• 1 month later...
Hi Tomdchi,

I don't see this setting anywhere. Where is this located?

I'm expecting that this will work only if your using the WHMCS support system or does this not matter?..

Click on one of your clients. Then go to the "Summary" tab. It's about in the middle of the page, just look closely.

• 7 months later...