Architecture guidance

fadiz

Hello all,

I am setting up a niche hosting where my clients will not get access to any diskspace or physical accounts on a machine.

My clients will simply sign up for an account and all I need for my hosting is:

1. Their full name

2. Company they work for

3. Company Address (not their billing address)

4. Logo

5. Picture

6. Slogan

7. Ability to sign in to change these information.

I know this is out of WHMCS scope, but I am hoping someone would have an idea how to implement that with WHMCS. I am open to buying other products, or developing a custom one.

My questions if you're kind enough to answer:

1. Since the users will be signing in through WHMCS, I assume they can continue to manage the above fields by creating a custom page and get this information from?

2. How do you integrate WHMCS into your overall site. Any sample sites that use WHMCS to see how they integrate it in their overall design? I assume WHMCS is not a standalone website hosting solution.

3. I need to create accounts for the users in my custom solution to generate their websites and run some custom configurations on the server. How can I accomplish this and detect changes done by the user, or when they first sign up to perform all that work?

Thank you in advance!

Fadi

Fadi

My clients will simply sign up for an account and all I need for my hosting is:

1. Their full name

2. Company they work for

3. Company Address (not their billing address)

4. Logo

5. Picture

6. Slogan

7. Ability to sign in to change these information.

You should be able to add these fields using "custom fields" options

2. Any sample sites that use WHMCS to see how they integrate it in their overall design?

http://forum.whmcs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

#3 will take some work and scripting but should be able to be done, have you read through the manual for some options that will help you get a better grasp?

Thanks herpherp

Yes I went through the documentation, but could not find some answers.

Let me run by you what I understood and you tell me where my logic breaks:

1. Install WHMCS on my server under /clients folder. This allows me to use mydomain.com/clients and have WHMCS as part of my site

2. Use the templates to provide integrated look into my site and make it look as part of my site

3. Use the integration code generated to allow the user to place an order and sign up from my front page

4. Create a custom module which will get notified when a new user has signed up and paid so I can setup the website for them.

This notification process/custom module will be able to retreive or get enough information to retrieve the user data (name, login, email, domain..etc.), most likely by email from WHMCS

5. From this point on, the customer login process will go through WHMCS and not my own custom code

6. Once user logs in, he will see WHMCS's client area and not mine

7. I can however modify client area and add as much funtionality I need by adding pages, changing the layout and so forth. The new pages and added functionality will be querying my database not WHMCS's database so I just need the logged in user information

8. Since it is my code, I can write directly to my tables and i don't need much from WHMCS unless the user modifies something I need to manage in my site

9. I really don't need something like cPanel. I will be presenting the user with the customized WHMCS client management area for them to manage their accounts

Do I understand the overall process correctly?

people asking this things should not sell hosting

who said I am selling hosting? I am selling a custom application that allows my customers to use it as their own.

Besides, what does customizing a 3rd party application has to do with the hosting?