Change Invoice Date & Integrate Domain Orders

akshay

Question

Hi,

I am testing whmcs and am facing a couple of challenges integrating the invoices and order details of my existing clients as I have manually managed my clients till date :)

Client orders include shared hosting plans, shared hosting plan + domain registration, domain registration only, reseller hosting plans, reseller hosting plans +domain registration, diskspace/bandwidth upgrade orders, dedicated I.P. orders etc...

I have imported accounts/clients from WHM to WHMCS interface.

The challenges that I am facing to streamline my billing operations are:

1, I am trying to enter the order/payment details within WHMCS from existing clients If I generate a invoice for a client, the invoice is generated on the current date.

Is there a way to backdate the invoice?

2. If the client had ordered only a domain or a hosting plan with a domain...how do I enter the domain details...as I cannot add the existing domain within the clients panel...and therefore cannot create the invoices... [i use directi(reseller club) for domain registration]

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

9 answers to this question

1, I am trying to enter the order/payment details within WHMCS from existing clients If I generate a invoice for a client, the invoice is generated on the current date.

Is there a way to backdate the invoice?

Hey,

What you are doing to have to do is go to the clients profile or "page".

Clients > View/Search Clients chose your client....

Then click on the invoice tab then click the Create Invoice button. Then enter in the amount of how much they own you and what not and click Save. Now on the same screen find the tab called Actions and click on that. The first thing you will see if the Change Date Due. Enter in the date and your ready to go!

-----

2. If the client had ordered only a domain or a hosting plan with a domain...how do I enter the domain details...as I cannot add the existing domain within the clients panel...and therefore cannot create the invoices... [i use directi(reseller club) for domain registration]

What you are going to need to do is click on the big Orders > Add New Order...

Hope that helps,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried your suggestions...

1. Change Date Due did not change the Date on which the invoice was created...however I can change the date through phpMyadmin..cumbersome but looks like the only option :)

I am surprised to find the 'edit invoice date' feature missing...hope I am not breaking anything by editing the invoice date through phpMyadmin.

2. Orders > Add New Order... worked fine... but it would not let me insert the clients domain name as it was already active. So, I entered a available domain name, submitted the order and then edited the domain name to the original clients domain name. Neat! :wink:

Thanks!