invoices look and feel

webace

Hi everyone,

Is there anyway to email out invoices that look the same as the ones

which clients can see when they login to thier account and go to view printable version - for me this is allot more professional looking than the current invoice format.

thanks in advance for your help.

Already asked about this. I think a lot of people would prefer the invoices actually emailed our rather then a bit of text and a message asking them to log into the client area. You can add a Pay Now button but thats no good for those paying with cheques and mailorder etc.

• WHMCS CEO
Already asked about this. I think a lot of people would prefer the invoices actually emailed our rather then a bit of text and a message asking them to log into the client area. You can add a Pay Now button but thats no good for those paying with cheques and mailorder etc.

The Pay Now button in the emails works just the same for those paying by Cheque or Mail Order as any other gateway. The payment instructions you enter for these gateways are included in the email with the Pay Now button merge field.

Not all email programs support HTML - in fact many don't - so sending an HTML invoice email would be great for some but look really bad for others.

Matt

The Pay Now button in the emails works just the same for those paying by Cheque or Mail Order as any other gateway. The payment instructions you enter for these gateways are included in the email with the Pay Now button merge field.

Not all email programs support HTML - in fact many don't - so sending an HTML invoice email would be great for some but look really bad for others.

Matt

Then why do you send out HTML newsletters? =P

well most of my clients dont use gateways, we use a debit order system however we still send out invoices, I thought perhaps changing the html in the existing template that gets sent out (html - all mails go out in this format)

but i dont want to mess things up on a live system.

I haver clients that dont use the gateway either and they find it stupid that they need to go to the trouble of logging into a website to retrieve the invoice in the first place. Having mentioned about the direct deposit and mail payments i added the Pay Now button which works fine for Paypal etc but it didnt show the Pay Now button for Mail Order etc. Weird.

I still think emailing invoices automatically is the go. Well at least in Australia it is anyway.

I haver clients that dont use the gateway either and they find it stupid that they need to go to the trouble of logging into a website to retrieve the invoice in the first place. Having mentioned about the direct deposit and mail payments i added the Pay Now button which works fine for Paypal etc but it didnt show the Pay Now button for Mail Order etc. Weird.

I still think emailing invoices automatically is the go. Well at least in Australia it is anyway.

Why would it show the pay now button for mail order? Thats just absurd. Invoices are already emailed to clients, the just arent as pretty as you may like. How about setting up the email invoice template yourself the way you like. Your request/complaints are not about standards, they are personal preference. Complete invoices within emails to clients is what small businesses do, but definately not a good standard or THE standard of large international companies.

• WHMCS CEO
Why would it show the pay now button for mail order?

It doesn't... there is no online payment method for Mail in Payment - instead it shows the Mail In Payment instructions that you enter in the payment gateway setup in the email message.

Matt

Why would it show the pay now button for mail order?

It doesn't... there is no online payment method for Mail in Payment - instead it shows the Mail In Payment instructions that you enter in the payment gateway setup in the email message.

Matt

Thats basically what i was stating when i asked that question to the previous poster. =P