How-to make the order process available only to registered users?

as3791

Hello,

We are in the process of setting up a new online service business and would like to have a "private" shopping cart that is only available to registered users rather than publicly accessible.

It would be ideal to have users login prior to seeing pricing and ability to interact with the cart - update product options, checkout etc. We will be working with channel partners so do not want their downstream clients see a 'wholesale' price.

Of course we can remove the Order link on the support main page, and link direct to the cart item, but perhaps I am missing an alternative approach. We'd like it to be more robust than this if possible.

Any help would be welcomed!

Thanks.

{if $loggedin}
<!-- code here -->
{else}
<p>Please <a href="clientarea.php">login to your account</a> to use this function.</p>
{/if}

Thank you!

Sorry to be a pain but could you point me to the PHP or TPL files where this needs to be inserted to take effect? e.g. is this in clientareahome.tpl or in the order form templates?

Thanks.

Thank you!

Sorry to be a pain but could you point me to the PHP or TPL files where this needs to be inserted to take effect? e.g. is this in clientareahome.tpl or in the order form templates?

Thanks.

OK, I have answered my prior question, and edited products.tpl. This now presents a login requirement - Thanks!

The issue is this takes the user to the clientarea but does not take them into the shopping cart - so it achieves the login requirement but makes the process less user-friendly.

Any thoughts on how to force the login other than sending them to a link that requires login before display?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you!

Thanks.

No problem at all, mate. One way you could do this is to simply delete the main menu order link in header.tpl and the link it the body of homepage.tpl. The link to order products is available in the client area menu (the auxiliary menu that only shows up when a client is logged in).

The alternative is to use the code in my previous message, applying it to the same two templates. The difference is that the user would get a message telling them that they must be logged in to use that function.

Edit: I started composing the above before you posted your last message, then provisioned a new server and came back and finished, lol. I suppose you could just apply the URL for the client area login to the order links, then when they login they'll have the auxiliary menu.