Custom fields...

s1rk3ls

Ok, so reading the forums I ran across an idea to add a custom field to a product which can be hidden from the order form, then be filled in later by me and included in their welcome email via merge fields - this works great adn is exactly what I was looking for.

But now, it occured to me that I would like to display that info to the cilent when they login and view their products (such as viewing other options they chose when ordering the product) but since it is not displayed on the order form, it is also not displayed when the client views their orders....

Is there a way to do this without having it show up on the initial order form?

go to whatever template you want to show it on and add {debug} to the bottom of the template. Thne refresh the page and you will see a popup. See if the variable is available for that particular field you are trying to show.

If its not available, it still can be done, just might not be as easy as you may like. Depending on how bad you want it, i can write a smarty plugin to display the info.

oooh, which reminds me - I wanted to ask about including php code in the templates... is that possible? I tried it, but didn't work - then I found I could edit the "cached" templates (in the template_c folder or something like that) but I'm afraid that these files weill get overwritten since they are generated ... any ideas?