Best domain registrar for support and speed

JamieD

Apologies for starting yet another domain registrar thread, I've read through the other threads but have not found all that much info on the factors I am interested in. I'm looking for a registrar that has very fast, reliable, and good support. Second the API needs to be fast and reliable, third there needs to be a good set of features, lastly is price, I'm not that concerned about price as long as there are no crazy setup costs or high monthly fees.

I'm currently with Planet Domain and have been with them for several years. The reason I am moving away from them is mainly because their support is absolutely terrible. They range from answering support tickets from 5-6 hours to several weeks! The other reason is their API and while label systems are quite slow which makes us look bad. Also they very often have problems when transferring .co.uk domains, their system often can not handle these without manual intervention, which involves contacting their support :(

I'm looking to avoid these issues by moving to another registrar. I'd be interested in hearing recommendations or warnings about your experience with other registrars you have used.

Thanks

Jamie

I've used eNom for years without any problems. I changed to resellerclub earlier this year, but still have more than 10,000 domains at eNom which are managed through WHMCS.

With regards to support, I've only ever contacted eNom support a few times to cancel out fraud signups, quick responses on that. I"ve never had to contact them for anything else. I've only contacted reseller club ONCE and that was on the setup of the account, beyond that, everything runs smooth.

I can also confirm that eNom and ResellerClub are both good and reliable registrars.

You mentioned that fast API is important to you so I have to say that eNom API is much faster than Directi, mainly because eNom puts all requests to queue first and proces them few seconds later while Directi do everything instantly and that's why somethimes you have to wait much longer for responce from API. ENom API is also faster even just for reading data (domain expiration date etc), while there is always some delay at ResellerClub.

• 1 month later...

I'm really not impressed with ResellerClub at all. Their support isn't all that fast, but not too bad, the problem is though they clearly have the type of support that never properly read your ticket and then just send a predefined reply with a link to a KB article. It takes 3-4 tickets which means 3-4 days before they actually read the ticket properly and give you the answer you need. This is not good at all.

Secondly, when adding fund to the account they take off the PayPal fee from the amount you paid to them so you never actually get the amount you pay to them. As far as I know this is against the PayPal and credit card processing terms of service. Whats more they only tell you this after you have paid, not before!

Very unimpressed with their service so far.

I'm really not impressed with ResellerClub at all. Their support isn't all that fast, but not too bad, the problem is though they clearly have the type of support that never properly read your ticket and then just send a predefined reply with a link to a KB article. It takes 3-4 tickets which means 3-4 days before they actually read the ticket properly and give you the answer you need. This is not good at all.

Secondly, when adding fund to the account they take off the PayPal fee from the amount you paid to them so you never actually get the amount you pay to them. As far as I know this is against the PayPal and credit card processing terms of service. Whats more they only tell you this after you have paid, not before!

Very unimpressed with their service so far.

Hi JamieD,

ON RC's site when you go to credit funds to your account, it does quite clearly state "All transactions for Adding Funds to your Advance Account via PayPal will be credited to your account, after deducting the PayPal Transaction Fees at actual. "

Thats under the PP subheading on the page.

Chris

Hi JamieD,

ON RC's site when you go to credit funds to your account, it does quite clearly state "All transactions for Adding Funds to your Advance Account via PayPal will be credited to your account, after deducting the PayPal Transaction Fees at actual. "

Thats under the PP subheading on the page.

Chris

I would not say that's clearly stated, its near the bottom of the page and the payment link is at the top. However this is completely irrelevant, passing the paypal fees on to the customer is against paypal terms so they are not allowed to do this. I've requested a full refund from them as its totally out of order to do this. Going to use eNom as they look like a much more reputable and reliable company to work with.