What would you like to know how to do?

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

Hi all!

In an effort to expand and furthur develop the online manual I want to hear from existing users anything you find/found hard to understand in the WHMCS system from setting it up to using it for every day administration - anything that doesn't make sense - anything that you wonder exactly how it works - any configuration options you've never used because you don't know what they do.

Thanks!

Matt

• 1 month later...

Import existing domain registrations.

A good many (if not all) of us already have an existing hosting/domain business. Importing WHM/cPanel accounts works flawlessly, and changing/adding the clients information works well also. The only snag I've run into is importing domain names that have already been registered and simply need to be added in for accounting purposes.

I used MACscr's suggestion and manually added them into the tbldomains database table, but I can't imagine doing this for 100-500 domain names.

The issue of transferring data is one reason why some of us stay with a "not so great" billing system, because it's too much of a pain to change.

There may indeed be a better/easier way to add in existing domain names, but if there is I haven't found it, either on my own or here in the support forum. MACscr's idea was the best so far.

That's my .02.

BTW: This method described here:

http://forums.whmcs.com/viewtopic.php?t=1200&highlight=import+domain

doesn't work for me. It creates a new order and also creates an invoice with a due date of the day the domain was added (even though there's no place --until saved-- to add a due date), that being today.

Marablue,

Not sure who your registrar is, but i use enom and they have a cvs export option. I then opened up the list in excel, took out the colums that werent needed, moved things around a bit, added a little info, then imported it into the db. This was the best idea i could come up with. Using Navicat to do this made it even easier.

Marablue,

Not sure who your registrar is, but i use enom and they have a cvs export option. I then opened up the list in excel, took out the colums that werent needed, moved things around a bit, added a little info, then imported it into the db. This was the best idea i could come up with. Using Navicat to do this made it even easier.

Thanks for the idea. I also use eNom, though for GUI I use PHPMyAdmin, I'm more comfortable using the command line. I didn't know about the eNom export option, however....good to know, thanks!

But either way, if someone had 100-500 or more DNR's, that's very cumbersome to transfer that much data.