Register Globals...again...

Encore

Question

Sorry to bring this up again, but...

My hosting provider had decided to turn off Register Globals over the weekend. Upto that point everything worked OK (Demo). Now, after the change, it fails to launch, giving various errors.

They have provided a new (or old) php.ini file if required to override the new settings for the Register Globals and I have uploaded it to the root of my WHMCS directory - however I am still getting the same errors (blank pages, invalid license, etc.) - do I need to modify the index.php file or anything else for the override to take effect?

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

OK, so that shows that it is using the right php.ini file (the one I uploaded)... but some pages are still coming back with a "License key validation failed. Please contact support."

Just checked my profile, and the license dosen't expire any time soon, but I cannot submit a ticket it seems whmcs.com is having some resolution issues for me... i guess I'll wait till later to put in a ticket...

Thanks for your help.

If you have that licence key error, test and make sure you can access this website.. I had that too, looks like WHMCS was down. (not 100% sure that is the reason, just seemed to coincidental.)

Also make sure you upload the key.php file that was emailed to you, or download a new one from your customer area to you website..

hi i am trying to install the demo, however "WHMCS requires Register Globals to be On for it function correctly. These can be enabled in a .htaccess or php.ini file in your WHMCS Directory."

i checked my <? phpinfo() ?> file and register_globals On. so whats the problem? i tried to put php.ini files everywhere with them on... but still it says that my globals isn't on.

Any suggestions would be great :)

regards 3x