Auth Code

Joel

I'm a little curious as to why, if the only domain names that do not require an Auth Code to transfer are .com, .net, .cc & .tv, there doesn't seems to be anywhere in WHMCS to put this info before initiating the transfer?

Or am I missing something?

Right now, I've got to go through my registrar and manually do it.

Have you? Where does it ask for the Auth Code?

Hey,

If you want to transfer your .biz, .us, .org, .info, .com, .net or .org domain, you will need to contact your current registrar and request the domain's Authorization Code (also referred to as an auth code, Authinfo code or an EPP code). An authorization code is usually a 6- to 16-character code assigned by the registrar. Authorization codes are basically a password for the domain serving as an extra security measure. The auth codes ensure that only a domain owner can make domain name transfers.

So you will the your client will need to ask the current domain registrar for that code...

From,

Adam

Have you? Where does it ask for the Auth Code?

Hey,

If you want to transfer your .biz, .us, .org, .info, .com, .net or .org domain, you will need to contact your current registrar and request the domain's Authorization Code (also referred to as an auth code, Authinfo code or an EPP code). An authorization code is usually a 6- to 16-character code assigned by the registrar. Authorization codes are basically a password for the domain serving as an extra security measure. The auth codes ensure that only a domain owner can make domain name transfers.

So you will the your client will need to ask the current domain registrar for that code...

From,

Adam

Thanks Adam, but yeah... We know what it *IS*. The point is the WHMCS isn't asking for it when we try to transfer a domain name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...