Customer Login Problem

Austdata

G'day All,

Just added the suggested code block from WHMCS to my site with just a few mods and it lets anyone in regardless of what e-mail address and password is used. :shock:

Here's the code:

<div style="padding-left: 70px; padding-right: 70px;">
 <form method="post" action="http://www.mysite.com.au/whmcs/dologin.php?goto=clientarea">
   <strong>Email Address:</strong> <input type="text" name="username" size="50" /><br /><br />
   <strong>Password:</strong><br /><input type="password" name="password" size="20" /><br /><br />
   <a href="help.html" style="color: rgb(55, 151, 202); text-decoration: underline;"
     class="tah10">Lost Password?
   </a>

<input type="submit" value="Login" />
 </form>
 <br />
 <p>To create an account with A1 Hosting <a href="http://www.mysite.com.au/whmcs/register.php"><strong>Click here.</strong></a></p>				   
</div>

Shouldn't the "username" and "password" be passed to the clientarea?

Other than that, anyone see what's wrong?

Cheers,

Mike

G'day Joe,

The problem appeared to occur when I enter an incorrect username and password, on two of my test PC's, it logged me in regardless.

Just tried it on a third and now it's working. Must be user error. I was a bit worried about opening it up to the Internet before but here it is here.

Cheers,

Mike

Thought I'd allowed for that by using another computer to test it on. That logged me in as the newest client. Hmm, perhaps I'd logged in as that client on that machine before but it shouldn't have been in WHMCS.

I'll test it while I have a user logged in on another computer and while I have a cPanel session active to see if that has any effect.

Cheers,

Mike

It did the same thing again on the other PC, logged me in as the last client to sign up. This time I was logged in to my personal WHMCS account on the main PC. Once either of them log out it seems to work normally.

I'll keep a close eye on it over the few weeks and see if anything else happens. Thanks for the assist.

Cheers,

Mike