Jump to content

Problem after Updating Translation


Recommended Posts

I updated the Spanish translation to both, es_MX (Spanish Mexico) and to 3.6.1


I grabbed the English file and the current Spanish file and using WinMerge proceeded to fix the translation...


Then erased the Spanish.txt file in my server and replaced it with the brand spanking new and updated file and now the translated text does not appear...




I think that it has to do with the encoding of the file... I have tried unicode/BOM and UTF-8 and nothing happens... no text whatsoever...


if I change to another language it works fine.... what am I doing wrong?


I do not know how to encode it in ISO8859, maybe that is the answer so I need help converting to ISO8859 too...


thanks in advance...



EDIT: I already found out how to convert to ISO8859 and still does not work...??? HELP!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just in case somebody has this problem in the future... the solution is:


1) make sure there are no " or ; missing in the language file.


2) for Western-languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, etc...) use ISO-8859-1 in the Configuration->Locale tab and all will work fine.


Hope this helps...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated