A few things explained please....

The Creature

Question

I really like your product but I have some concerns. In the demo would I be correct in assuming that the full feature version works in the same fashion when it comes to processing payments? I.E. Paypal routes to paypal.com, linkpoint routes to linkpointcentral.com, 2checkout to 2checkout.com as opposed to the process actually taking place one my web? Also I see noted that the shopping cart style isn't somethign you want to accomplish yet it's implemented slightly here in your own web.. is that same copnfig not available in the purchased version? I too am one of the may looking to escape MB's V5. Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

17 answers to this question

In the demo would I be correct in assuming that the full feature version works in the same fashion when it comes to processing payments? I.E. Paypal routes to paypal.com, linkpoint routes to linkpointcentral.com, 2checkout to 2checkout.com as opposed to the process actually taking place one my web?

Correct, once all the information is in WHMCS, WHCMS will then point the client over to what ever gateway's website you are using. PayPal, 2checkout and so on...

From,

Adam

Thanks Adam. I'll keep an eyeout for this feature to change and becaome local. I do not like the idea of redirecting clients offsite for any reason. I am very impressed with the product and will keep a close eye on it though.

Hey,

Most of the time thats how everyone does it becuse the API for each gateway does not let us collect customers information from our site and then have the customer not go over to theirs. This is a big security risk, the only gateway I can think of that lets you collect information on your own site and your server sends it over to the gateway would be PayPal Pro. Its like any other PayPal account but you have to paye $20 a month for it and perl I think has to be installed on your server and you are able to collect and pay information from your site...

But I don't care that it tells them to go over to the gateways site, infact I love, becuse the customer knows that they using the gateway site and not a fraud site...

From,

Adam

Thanks Adam. I'll keep an eyeout for this feature to change and becaome local. I do not like the idea of redirecting clients offsite for any reason. I am very impressed with the product and will keep a close eye on it though.

If you have your own merchant account then they won't be directed away from your site (Like Authorize.net)..I initially didn't want people leaving my site for payment either, but it looks more secure for the end user to be taken directly to the site to collect payment...besides, merchant accounts are expensive as hell if you don't have many clients. :)

I do have my own merch account. I think it shows a lack of competency and professionalism ( not to impune those that do, just personal preference) to have to redirect a client to another site for their payment. I personally don't purchase from companys that redirect me. It gives me the impression they are too small or too ill prepared to have the functionality implemented in their own site. Thanks for the input though!

WHMCS does not use a shopping cart style in the demo and it is not available. If your talking about the actual purchase of whmcs here on the site. Thats a completely different script that is used for software licensing. Shopping cart style checkout is not available at this time for whmcs and is not in the plans as well.

WHMCS does not use a shopping cart style in the demo and it is not available. If your talking about the actual purchase of whmcs here on the site. Thats a completely different script that is used for software licensing. Shopping cart style checkout is not available at this time for whmcs and is not in the plans as well.

Ah now you mention it, it does look remarkably like PHPAudit...

Andrew

BTW, Andrew, i know exactly where your coming from when it comes to escaping MB and v5. I just did this myself a couple months ago after being with MB for 2 years. I think you will be very happy with the switch.

You must have been mixed up with someone else! I've never used MB, and I certainly wont be anytime soon having looked at the feedback for v5... however I imagine that it does include full tax abilities (pleeease Matt!).

Andrew