Big hosting packages

gismo

Are you a reseller or do you have youre own servers?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a reseller or do you have youre own servers?

• I am a reseller
    • I have my own servers

Hiya David,

Resellers usually offer unlimited everything where as people that actually own their own servers like i have to take into consideration what plans to sell.

There is no such thing as unlimited as all good things must come to an end.

If you want to setup your own web server i would recommend using Sun Microsystems. I spend around $2000 a year to purchase new servers from there. Currently i only have 2 but one of them is my girls.

Big Plans are not neccesarily good as many potential customers would think that a big plan for cheap money is a *.

If you are looking for re-seller hosting the biggest people on the block are hostgator. Thats where i first started.

Let me know if you need any more advice.

Dom :D

Hiya David,

Resellers usually offer unlimited everything where as people that actually own their own servers like i have to take into consideration what plans to sell.

There is no such thing as unlimited as all good things must come to an end.

If you want to setup your own web server i would recommend using Sun Microsystems. I spend around $2000 a year to purchase new servers from there. Currently i only have 2 but one of them is my girls.

Big Plans are not neccesarily good as many potential customers would think that a big plan for cheap money is a *.

If you are looking for re-seller hosting the biggest people on the block are hostgator. Thats where i first started.

Let me know if you need any more advice.

Dom :D

Thank you Dom :D

they can sell so much bw and space because they are over selling :)

Thats another good point there cyberturk. Bandwidth can be oversold on re-seller accounts whereas people who own their servers have to pay extra for bandwidth if someone goes over.

Thats why with these unlimited plans (Re-sellers) are allowed to create unlimited accounts with unlimited just about everything.

One day everything is going to run out so act properly now when doing plans before opening.

they can sell so much bw and space because they are over selling :)

Thats another good point there cyberturk. Bandwidth can be oversold on re-seller accounts whereas people who own their servers have to pay extra for bandwidth if someone goes over.

Thats why with these unlimited plans (Re-sellers) are allowed to create unlimited accounts with unlimited just about everything.

One day everything is going to run out so act properly now when doing plans before opening.

I was thinking of all the hosting plans with 1000 mb diskspace for just $3.

That is allot of diskspace for little money :wink:

Thats another good point you just raised David.

People that are re-sellers charge by the year. Most of them dont charge by the month which is where the real money lies.

For my plans i charge both yearly and monthly. I always make sure the yearly customers get a 5% off the price of the monthly throughout the year.

1GB Disk Space is not alot but i have 4 basic plans:

Bronze Hosting - 500MB Disk Space, 5GB Bandwidth, 5 SubDomains & 5 MySQL Databases. I currently charge this plan for £3.99 p/m or £39.99 per year.

Silver Hosting - 1500MB Disk Space, 15GB Bandwidth, 15 SubDomains & 15 MySQL Databases. I currently charge this plan for £9.99 p/m or £89.99 per year.

You should be able to get the drift. I dont like specifying all my prices as its unfair competition on here.

Make sure you limit customers to what you can afford and make sure that you have addons available. This year alone the people on my bronze hosting plans have needed to purchase quite alot of upgrades from me. 15 customers in fact which has enabled me to purchase a new server.

Hope it goes well.

Dom ;-)

Hi,

I just wondered how so meny of you can sell so big hosting plans?

Where are you resellers or do you have youre own servers?

Could someone give me a tip?

Hey,

At http://www.EastSolid.com we own our own severs, but also since we own our own servers we can sell what we want and what price we want. For that reason we offer the Small and Mega plans on both Shared and Reseller hosting.

For reseller hosting are biggest package is 100GB of diskspace and 1TB of bandwidth.

http://www.eastsolid.com/?x=reseller&?&plan=mega

From,

Adam