Advanced product configuration question

Zorro67

Now its my turn to ask a product configuration question.

I have a number of packages which (each) a re a consolidation of 4 or 5 other products. Each package has different products.

The easy part is hosting and domains. that's done.

However i want to add other products into a another package as a preselcted inclusion.

Obviously people can build their own package.

Also I can add a product into a package as an option, but how do i have it added/pre-selected automatically?

I guess what I'm saying is that my package 1 contains products A B & C, and I want the client to tell me that he doesn't want, rather than does want.

For these products, I could you use configuarable options (prefer not to), but i still need the pre-selected functionality.

i think i am asking a coding question, but what do others think?

I don't really need the ability to turn these products off, but I do need to have them selected

I would like the client to see the different elements of the package in the cart and on the invoice.

Similar to hosting, domains and add-ons.

I know I can create a 'build your own package' but thats not what I am trying to acheive.

OK, could be done a different way.

Multiple products included in package but the product is hidden, and therefore included, but not removable?

Any thoughts guys?

Again, with your very general description.. I can't offer any suggestions.. perhaps explaining a little more in detail what you are wanting to offer..

If it is just mearly having a package of lets say host plan, domain name, and ssl.. as a package, but you want them no select anything they dont want.. then just set them up as required.. the default option would be with add on product.. the others would be negative value.. ie package a hosting, ssl, ip.. but if they only want to configure hosting and ip, secting none for ssl could have a negative value of $20 (or whatever)

thanks for the reply hoosierweb.

more detail might make it easier

Lets say I have a package (lets call it web1)

it includes the following products

• a pre-determined hosting package, say $100
  • an SSL certificate $50
  • a 12 month support component say $150
  • a domain name $50
  • a site design element say $600
  • another product call it product A for $50

Which total $1000 pa (plus some annual fees each year)

Now as a package, I want to offer a 25% discount off individually ordered products.

So pricing web1 at $750, I want to include all the elements of the products as add ons, but show as pre-selected, so that total price comes out at $750.

More sense?

Using product add-ons

Normally adding CHECKED to the end of the input, will preselect that box. however, smarty/whmcs doesn't seem to like it

It looks like the actually input is being created in a locked file.. the variable is

$addon.checkbox

You may want to send in a support ticket to see if this is confgiurable.. and if not, if they would do it for you

Hay,

thanks for the heads up. It might have been enough to clear the fog.

What i was essentially looking for was this example

<input id="caption" name="caption" type="checkbox" value="true" />

the way to set the checkbox is a coding scenario WOOHOO

So with a couple of clever "{if} lookup -> then" statements in the products.tpl file, i should be able to build the result i am looking for.

I'll also need to replicate the package products and put them in at nil cost for the first year so the correct price shows up next to "order now", but also gives me the correct annual renewal figure, as well as giving me upgrade/downgrade options of these add ons.

Again, many thanks.