Setting Up Products - Total Newb

lcorbett

I am setting up a small website design and hosting company (and also ofering domain registration under eNom).

In WHM, I set up my hosting Packages. I named each package, for instance, Plan A.

WHM saved this Package with my login name attached "MyName_Plan A".

OK, so now I go to WHMCS and I've created my suite of products and given it the Group Name "Web Hosting Packages"

Then create a new Product/Service.

Do I give the product the exact name "MyName_Plan A"?

Next question: In product type, do I list it under "Shared Hosting Account" or "Other"? Or does it matter?

I set up storage space limits, bandwidth, number of email accou

nts, etc. in the WHM control panel, do I need to re-enter all of that again in WHMCS? Or will it automatically integrate itself?

Last question for now...

How do I test to see if the order process works the way it should?

Thanks in advance...I spent time reading the knowledge base, the online documentation, and did a search in this forum for some other questions I had, and got most answers I needed. But I'm sure I'll be back for more...

Please bear with me :roll:

Oh wait...one more question...grin...

I set up my servers in WHMCS

ns1.mycompany.biz

ns2.mycompany.biz

When I set up my new products, in the Default Install Server, I'm given a choice of "Use System Default" or "MyCompany". I'm assuming I want "MyCompany"

Thank you....that did get me started, but it didn't answer my questions...

1. Does the Package Name from WHM and the Product Name in WHMCS need to match exactly? i.e. WHM added my username to my Package name. I set up the Package as "Plan A". WHM saved it as "MyName_Plan A". So in the New Products/Services in WHMCS, do I call the new product "MyName_Plan A", or call I call it "Plan A"?

2. These are hosting plans. So, in WHMCS, do I set these up under the "Shared Hosting" or "Other" option in the Product Group? Or does it matter?

3. If WHMCS is integrated with WHM, why do I need to fill in all the same info for setting up a new Product, and why am I seeing Reseller options in the Product setup? I'm clueless, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again