Custom Payment Gateway Module

I'm trying to get a custom payment gateway module going for Payflow Link.

Has anyone got any experience putting these together?

I've got the dev kit but it seems to lack in a couple of regards

* It isn't clear how you generate the fields required for the user to complete payment (eg card number, expiry date etc)

* Once the user has filled out the details, how this is submitted is unclear

* There dosn't seem to be anyway that you can validate the data without WHMCS moving on in the billingt cycle

* If the form is to temporarily go to another site to process payment it is quite unclear as to how you return to the correct spot within WHMCS?

It would be great if anyone could help out or provide sort of practical example.

Thanks

ok I've got a sort of solution, not totally happy though. I would have liked the module to be fully integrated, ie whmcs send off the request, keeps cc details etc. Instead I have to send to a seperate script, which processes the payment, updates whmcs invoice and emails the client. Altoug I have yet to properly sort the last bit