Recurring invoice and late payment reminder

Patty

A couple of issues.

I'm testing the system and as far as I can tell, a new recurring payment invoice is created on the defined X amount of days prior to due date and is instantly emailed out, is that correct?

Is there a way to have the invoice created but not sent out on the same day, so it can be edited before it's emailed to client, say, the next day? The way my current system (phpCOIN) works is very convenient: it copies the last invoice exactly as it is (with the current due date) one day before it's scheduled to be mailed. That way I have time to edit it and insert the payment link for that client (I use a different link for every client in each invoice).

In any case, I'd like to take a look at the invoice before it's sent out. Is it possible to hold it for one day before it's emailed? Also it would be really nice if we had the option to copy an existing invoice instead of only being able to create a blank new one.

The other thing is about late payment reminders. I'm not sure if it's working as I imagine, I didn't have time to fully test the system yet. Is there any way to set a couple of dates for reminders to be sent after the due date? phpCOIN has an interesting feature that will allow the admin to create as many reminders as needed, set the text for each one and define the number of days after due date they'll be sent. I'd be glad to have only one reminder that I could configure to be sent a couple of times after due date. Is is possible? If not, could it be on the near feature?

I think this is a very important feature as people tend to "forget" (= ignore) the due date, so it would be nice to send them a couple of reminders to give them a last chance to send their payment before suspension.

Hey,

I'm not sure why you would need the option making an invoice but not sending out the email. First of all, WHMCS should handle each billing item which is created automatically in each invoice sent out. I'm guessing you want your clients to use the phpCOIN url? If so here is a quick work around...

Click on Configuartion > Products & Services (whmcs/admin/configproducts.php)

Find the product(s) that you want this option to be turned on to. And hit the Edit button (edit.gif)

Find the tab called Custom Fields and click on that. Fill in the information on that page (in your case just fill in the field name which is only seen by you) What this did was create a box on each of yor clients Products and Services page for them. So if you chose any client with the product or service you just added the filed too, click on Products/Services and you should see your box. Now input the URL for each client that should be sent in the invoice.

Now make your way over to Configuartion > Email Templates (whmcs/admin/configemailtemplates.php) and find the template called

Invoice Created and hit the edit button (edit.gif)

find where it says

You can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice at [invoiceLink]

and take out the part

[invoiceLink]

and replce it with

[Custom-FieldName]

(Replace FieldName with name of custom field - the one you created for your product or services up above)

and hit Save.

Your done!

Ya long post. Anyways hope that helps.

From,

Adam

Hey, Adam. Tks for your replying, but that's not the reason why I need to edit each invoice before it's emailed. Also I won't be using phpCOIN anylonger once I settle with WHMCS.

The reason why I need to edit each invoice is that I need to create a bill for every client manually. We use a bank system here which issues a barcoded bill which can be paid in any bank. At this point I still need to manually create it, save it in PDF and upload it to the server, giving the link to the client. So each client has one different link every time they have to pay. I can add the link manually, like I do with phpCOIN now, but the way it works, it creates the invoice 1 day before the set number of days prior to due date, so I have time to create the bill and edit the invoice to insert the link.

This payment system could be implemented on WHMCS if Matt has the time to help with it, so in that case I won't need to edit the invoice anylonger. I already sent him an email about it, but he hasn't replied yet.

Tks for your help anyway. ;)

Hey,

The way I posted above is a work around. You just have to remember to paste the new link each month to each client.

The invoice is made and then since you changed the [invoiceLink] with [Custom-FieldName] instead of giving the WHMCS URL it pulls your banks or what ever URL from that field.

From,

Adam

Hi, Matt. Any ideas on this? Especially about

In any case, I'd like to take a look at the invoice before it's sent out. Is it possible to hold it for one day before it's emailed? Also it would be really nice if we had the option to copy an existing invoice instead of only being able to create a blank new one.

Also if you could please answer my email about the custom payment gateway I told you about. I'm mostly depending on this invoice/payment gateway issue to make my decision on buying WHMCS.

Another question about invoices: is it possible to enter a different amount when marking the invoice as paid? That would be really important cause sometimes people pay more or less than what they supposed to. In that case, there would be a plus or minus balance on the account that would be added or subtracted from the next invoice. If WHMCS can not do it automatically, then this is another reason to have the invoice created one day before it's emailed, so the amount could be adjusted manually.

Awaiting your reply. Tks for your attention.