More contacts during signup?

dexus

But I really need it :)

I have a lot of cases where technical contacts (webmasters) are ordering for his client and they are entering their details insted of the owners details, and that is creating a lot of problems for us later, because maybe somethimes owner needs invoices to his company name, and we have wrong details in the database, so I would like to customize it so that I can force webmasters to put their details as additional contact during the order and not as the main contact.

We have a lot's of problems this way with just one contact during signup.

Actually there should be three contacts (administrative, technical and billing) but WHMCS doesn't have that (I don't understand why) so I would like to add at least one additional contact for technical contact.

I don't think that order form is long, if this will put someone away, I don't really care, but I think that it would even be opposite. We have a lots of angry clients just because there is only one contact during signup and they need at least two.

Only 3% of our clients find that option :( and they don't know about that option during signup, so lots of them just put their details instead of the owners details during signup and they don't even bother to look for that option later, and than they ask as after order can we send invoice to some other company manualy :) so I really need this...

So, is that possible?

• WHMCS CEO

You could make it so a user could add 1,5,10,100 contacts during the order process, but what's the point exactly? Only two are ever needed, 1 for a domain registrations details and 1 as the billing contact ie. invoiced, there is nowhere else clients data is used. So in addition to the main account holder details, the 1 for domains can be set during order, and the one for billing can be set/changed/added anytime from the client area.

Matt

Well, I would just like that technical contact details can be added during signup...

Lots of my clients don't understand that they can add that later, and webmasters just wan't to receive all emails about that services they order for their client and because of that they put in their contact details (email) instead of the owners details, and that wrong details are creating lots of issues for us.

So is this possible to do?

Thanks.

One solution we use and it works well is to create a custom field (and make it REQUIRED). The information required is something like the person's name that is actually filling out the order form. You could even add other fields if you wished.

For those filling in the form correctly, there would be no problems. For those not supplying the right information it would also be apparent.

Or you could also simply have a single field called Webmaster Name. :)

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks, but that is not the solution for me... Actually the most important part of tehnical conntact information for me is email address, and I also need WHMCS to send all notices about that account (service, domain, etc) to that email also, so only solution would be to add it as additional contact...

Matt, can you please tell me is it possible to add this to template files, maybe in combination with action hooks... Can you please give me some hint if this is possible...

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
1 as the billing contact ie. invoiced

Matt

Hi Matt, how do I make it so the customer has to fill in his regular contact, and billing information (the information from which the invoice will be generated from)

I need every customer to have "Thier info,. and then the billing invoicing info" Right now, the invoice info is being grabbed from the main account.

I need people to be able to fill in two accounts during signup. 1- Personal 2- Billing, and have whmcs generate invoices from billing.

How can I do that ?

Thanks