Order same item twice problem

PaulG

I'm running the trial version on php5/mysql4.

my test product is "setup + this months proration", with a recurring monthly fee.

I added the product to the shopping cart and go to checkout, but don't complete the final payment, (if I did complete the payment it will only charge the setup plus proration, which is what I want).

I get the invoice email, amount is correct, also in the pdf is correct. (setup + proration)

then I go to "Client Area" -> "My Invoices", shows status "unpaid" in red, for the correct amount. which is right.

I don't complete this invoice payment. instead I go to "Client Area" -> "Order", and place the same order again.

in the "Shopping Cart" it shows the correct amount in "total due today" (setup fee + proration). I click checkout. I click "Complete Order", then the system will only charge the recurring amount for next month, and also generate 2 invoices on the invoice list. 1 for the setup/proration and another for next months recurring fee.

in the 2 emails, "Order Confirmation", Total Due Today = setup/proration, and in the "Customer Invoice", Amount Due = the recurring amount.

How do I get it to charge the setup/proration instead of next months fee?

seems to be only happening with my products that are "monthly plans". semi-annual and annual were ok.

or if there is a reason for this let me know what I'm missing,

Thanks,