Issue with 'Payment Complete'

FPForum

Previously I was using paypal subscriptions on my website. I have now changed to paypal invoices instead (will soon offer both)

Also, previously I had instant setup turned on..now I have it set so it is activated when I approve it in the pending state.

Anyways, onto my issue..Since making these changes I am now noticing when someone places and order and makes payment..it still shows "payment status: incomplete" under the pending orders section.

After logging into my paypal I can verify the payment is in fact complete. I then have to go and put the transaction ID in and add the payment myself so it is marked paid.

Am I doing something wrong here? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

this is an IPN problem with paypal oflately,

meaning paypal is not giving instant payment notification to your whmcs site.

in whmcs, paypal settings. - it asks us to "You should enable IPN in your PayPal account and leave the URL blank"

but,

paypal doesnt allow you to do this now... ie., we cannot enable IPN without giving the notification URL ....

Matt, can u help here

• WHMCS CEO

PayPal certainly does allow you to enable it without a notification url. Just make sure you remove the "http" it prefills the field with before clicking Save or else it gives an error about an invalid URL.

Regarding the original issue, there is only one module now named "PayPal". If you're using something else then you must have it from a previous version and it won't work.

Matt

yup, happens a lot for us too.

Check your gateways logs. Kinda hard if you get plenty of transactions around the same time since there is no search or anything to to use with 3rd party tools (that I know of) to bring up the exact log per transaction.

"If it's not logged, WHMCS didn't get a response from PayPal". If it is, it should tell you the problem. If it is logged and you don't understand the problem, copy the log into a support ticket for the WHMCS team to review and advise.