Local License Key

DataHosts

Did anyone else have issues with WHMCS just now (12:02PM EST)? I was unable to get into admin or client...said license key invalid.

Matt...I thought that if whmcs server went down the license was still running, or am I mistaken? Is the license server another server, or on this server?

• WHMCS CEO

You need the local key if you want your WHMCS system to continue running when our server goes down - at the moment this needs manually updating monthly but is soon to be automated. If it was as you suggest, then all people would need to do is block access to our server and then they can run WHMCS for free. I can confirm our licensing server was down for a period of 8 minutes at around the time you suggest so if you didn't have a local key you may have had brief accessibility problems. At this time I am unsure of the cause.

Matt

You can find it under your CLIENTS AREA. Follow these steps:

1) Log into your CLIENT AREA.

2) Click VIEW YOUR LICENSES

3) Click on the VIEW & DOWNLOAD button next to your active license.

4) Click on the DOWNLOAD LOCAL KEY button.

5) Upload the key.php file located within the license_key.zip file to your includes directory.

I believe the key file expires montly (or so I've read), so you'll have to do this on a monthly basis.