WHM Import Script

gbensonii

I have recently completed the install of WHMCS. It works great and I can see that it will be a great asset to our company.

I did a test with the WHM IMPORT SCRIPT and it shows all the accounts listed in my WHM like it should. After seeing all the accounts listed, I made a test import of one account and that went fine. I then noticed that I had several different "Packages" in my WHM LIST and because I didn't want to have to create all those packages within the WHMCS I decided to consolidate them in the WHM to just a few packages. I made all the necessary changes so that they show up correctly in the WHM; however, now when I try to use the WHM Import script it still shows the old list with the old packages instead of the new list with the new packages.....

Is this list stored on the server somewhere? Do I need to delete something or empty some cache or will the server update the list at some point? Not sure what to do next so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

George D. Benson

President - AJ Profits, INC.

Thanks for your response but I don't think you understand the question. The package names I have listed in the WHMCS do match exactly the package names listed in the "NEW WHM LIST WITH THE NEW PACKAGE NAMES THAT I UPDATED IN THE WHM" the issue is that when I try to use the WHM IMPORT script from within the WHMCS it is not showing the list from the WHM with the NEW PACKAGE NAMES its showing a list (I assume the old list) with the OLD PACKAGE NAMES prior to my making changes in the WHM to consolidate the number of package names I would need to create.

Thanks

This is not working then. Because when I log into my WHM I see that each account has the correct package name assigned to it. For example I had one package for http://www.allplay-fec.com that was assigned to a package called gbensoni_150-500 Basics that I have re-assigned from within the WHM to gbensoni_CHARITY as this is a website that I hosting for my brother at no cost.

When I go to the WHM Import Script from within the WHMCS it still shows the old gbensoni_150-500 Basics Package instead of the newly assigned gbensoni_CHARITY. Again from within the WHM it shows up correctly (gbensoni_CHARITY) but from the WHMCS Import Script it is still showing the old name??

Any suggestions?

George Benson II

As a test, I completely removed the account from the WHM, hence deleting all of the stuff on that account. Re-Created the account, re-uploaded all of the WHMCS files and re-installed all WHMCS files. Re-Configured the license and recreated the databases.

AFTER THIS COMPLETE RE-INSTALL, IT STILL GIVES ME THE OLD LIST. THERE MUST BE A LIST BEING SAVED IN A CACHE ON THE WHM SERVER or on the WEBHOSTING SERVER???

I suspect, although I won't know until tomorrow or the next day, that some form of CRON job is setup on the server that will update or delete this file??? NOT SURE, I just know that the list it brings up is indeed the old list, and not the CURRENT LIVE Packages assigned to each account.....:(

Does anyone know where the whm import script is getting its information from? I mean specifically? Is it a specific database? A specific file? Does it create a file the first time it is run?

I have spoke with the Tech Support at Hostgator and they say that because this is a WHMCS issue they can't help.

I am not sure that it is a WHMCS issue however, and as such I would like help figuring this one out. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

According to Hostgator Tech Support, there is no cron job being run that updates any known list of whm accounts/packages. They say that the script that is being run must be creating a file that has the list from the first time I ran the whm import script and now it is just referring back to that same list instead of actually pulling the information a second time.

If this is the case, the WHM IMPORT SCRIPT must be creating a file with the list in it?? (Thats my logical thought anyway...??)

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

George

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

The list is not logged, recorded or saved anywhere within WHMCS. It is pulled live from the server each time you request it. It uses the CSV list export feature of the WHM panel from the List Accounts screen so you can check it in there.

Matt

Not sure what to say here.

First, when I go to my WHM and use the "fetch CSV" the file displays immediately and the package names are correct.

I tried a second experiment - after completely removing the domain (from the WHM) that contained the old instance of WHMCS I went to a second domain that I have http://www.ajprofits.com/ ...and I completely re-provisioned this account to start from a blank slate. I then installed the whmcs into the folder on the AJ domain. Completed the configurations and all and did the import from that domain. I still got the same old list even though the WHM shows the correct domains and packages.

Is it possible that during the export or "fetch CSV" function a CSV file is being created by the WHM that the script is not "overwriting" when it is calling for the export a second time? HMMM...

Again, not sure what to say here I just know that its not working and trying to figure out why....

Your comments and suggestions again would continue to be very helpful.

Sincerely,

George D. Benson II

With any IP address listed, I am not able to access the WHM and the import script did not work at all!!

I had posted this with the HOSTGATOR tech support and they said the following:

"As part of our partnership with WHMCS, they have agreed to have their experts look at issues we have with WHMCS. Please open a ticket with this list with WHMCS so they can assist you with this."

As such, I can e-mail the PDF of the ticket info to you - but I need to know who to send it to and what the e-mail address is? My e-mail address is either gbensonii@gmail.com or ajprofitsinc@gmail.com

After opening a support ticket, Matt took the time to take on the issue and with his help I discovered that I was indeed using the wrong IP address. Hostgator had recently done an upgrade and had moved my accounts to a new server. The IP address I was using was pointing to the list on the old server. When I changed the IP address to the new server it brings up the correct list. The issue seems to be working and I will continue with the import. I will also be changing the password I sent you as well.

George