language selection in URL ?

araunah

Ok I have a language problem. I work mostly with customers who speak english and french since it is the only 2 languages I can speak.

I have some products that I make available to my french speaking customers only and that do not appear on my regular order form in WHMCS on my main site which is in english. These products do not appear because the category is hidden.

On another french website that I have, I want to send my french customers to WHMCS through a direct link to one of the product in the french hidden category for them to make an order. I can do that easily with the links that are provided for each product in the product section of WHMCS and everything works fine.

BUT, when I send my french customers to WHMCS, I would like to force WHMCS to use the french language in the URL and this is where I have a problem.

Exemple:

To send a cutomer to a product I can use the following URL : http://www.mysite.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=22

I would like to be able to select the language in the URL using a URL like this.

http://www.mysite.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=22&lang=fr

If I add &lang=fr at the end of the URL, I still get the english version of WHMCS coming up on the screen. Since the customers I send there speaks french, they see that they can select themselves french for WHMCS. The problem is that when they do this, WHMCS loose the memory of the product that the customer was ordering, it changes to the french version and show the main order page where the customer can choose among the categories what product he wants to order. Since my french category is hidden the client can not find the french product he wanted to order anymore. It is the reason why I want to force the language in the URL, Like this, my customer will not need to choose the language himself and WHMCS will not loose track of the product that my customer was ordering.

I want to keep the french category hidden because I do not want to make these products available to everyone. Only to the people that can see the links on my french website.

Is there a way to force the language through the URL ? If yes, HOW ? if not, is there a possibility to see that coming in a futur version ?

Thanks.