Make Reseller Own Their Own Account?

DIYWebHosting

Then who will be able to manage it?

As far as I know you must have a user to own it otherwise you can't control it unless it's root. I can't see the reselller owning itself, although I may be wrong. Just seem's odd that it would that's all.

When dealing with resellers in cPanel/WHM you basically have two options, the reseller's master account can be owned by root, which will make their master account now show up in their account list in WHM so they cannot manage it or the reseller can own their own account, so it does show up in their account list in WHM and they can upgrade/downgrade it as needed.

I want to do the second option and have WHMCS set it up this way when creating the reseller account. Is this possible?

Are you sure?

We're using the standard WHMCS setup like most other people and the reseller can upgrade/downgrade their master account like any other account.

The only thing they cannot do is delete it - as that would completely break their reseller account.

If a reseller's master domain is owned by root than that account will not show up in their account list in their WHM and they will be unable to manage their master domain from WHM. If it is owned by them, it will show up in their account list.

WHMCS is setting up reseller accounts with the master reseller domain being owned by root and I don't see an option in WHMCS to change that. I just switched over from ModernBill and they had an option to do this.