Found a problem i think

Stealthusa

ok i am not sure if this is a bug or what but i set up another site and when i got the email with the info this is how it shows.

Temporarily you may use one of the addresses given below manage your web site

Temporary FTP Hostname: whmcs.com

Temporary Webpage URL: http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/~myimage/

Temporary Control Panel: http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/cpanel

Once your domain has Propagated

FTP Hostname: xxx.xxxxxxx.com

Webpage URL: http://xxx.xxxxxxx.com

Control Panel: http://xxx.xxxxxxx.com/cpanel

if you look you will see the temporay webpage url is showing a ~ which shouldn't show that it not putting the right link in for a client.

and on the next line you see just the ip no. and the /cpanel that is not the right link for that and same on the next lines if you look at them

hope someone can help me on this.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

The temporary url should have a ~ unless you are running a different server to cPanel.

Any modifications you want doing to th emails should just be done in Configuration > Email Templates - you can modify them to be however you like.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

Ok, as I've said earlier in the topic, go to Configuration > Email Templates, edit the Hosting Account Welcome Email template, click the View Source button on the editor menu bar (hover over each icon for its description). Then locate the link and enter [serverIP] in place of [serverip]. This was an error in the BETA and was fixed for the main release.

Matt

• 1 month later...
Ok, as I've said earlier in the topic, go to Configuration > Email Templates, edit the Hosting Account Welcome Email template, click the View Source button on the editor menu bar (hover over each icon for its description). Then locate the link and enter [serverIP] in place of [serverip]. This was an error in the BETA and was fixed for the main release.

Matt

I think this is still a problem. When I created a new email template and used [Domain] and sent myself a test email with it it done what just what Stealthusa said. When I changed the source as you said it fix the problem. Will this get fixed?

• WHMCS CEO

The fact it gets changed is caused by the rich text editor. This is developed by a third party so it changing the characters is not something I can fix. This is why in 2.5.8, there is an option to switch between the editor and plain HTML so you can just check none of the tags have been modified for their HTML character code equivalent.

Matt

The fact it gets changed is caused by the rich text editor. This is developed by a third party so it changing the characters is not something I can fix. This is why in 2.5.8, there is an option to switch between the editor and plain HTML so you can just check none of the tags have been modified for their HTML character code equivalent.

Matt

Would be nice if it could be turned off by default in the admin area. That way it would be a little more mobile friendly.

Matt

Why does it work when I make it the deafult template for a package but not work when it is not set to default? Then I have to go make the html changes. That is what is strange to me.

No, that would not have any effect. Whether you have it the default welcome email for a package or not makes no difference.

Matt

It does though I guess that is my point.

When I made my first email template I sent myself a test message and the links just had the http://[domain].com and so on.

Then I just changed it to the default for that package and sent the email again and it came through just fine.

So I set the emails back to what they were and made the html changes and it worked without setting it to default.

I will make another one and forward you the two emails if you like.

Tracy