Additional domains don't create under existing customer helm 4

wiwebhost

Hi,

We have whmcs set up to automatically create accounts on Helm 4. That part seems to be working fine.

However, if an existing client orders a new account/package/domain, whmcs sets it up as a completely new customer in helm 4, instead of adding the package and domain under the existing client in helm.

I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear... but that's about it... In other words, if the customer orders another domain, they will have to log in with a separate login in helm to access that domain vs. logging in to one account in helm and being able to access both packages/domains from that single log in.

I tried recreating the account from whmcs and entering the existing customers username and password, but whmcs sets it up with the email as the username even though I've specified the existing username...

Any thoughts??? am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Dusty

It's supposed to be like that. You got to remember, you can add a domain seperately in WHMCS, it's merely for keeping track for billing, add an admin not to the primary hosting account saying "this domain is also mapped to this account", the mapping of the domain you'll have to sort yourself. So whereever the DNS management control for your domain is, set it up to your private nameservers, so you have dns record control, then CNAME the addon domain to the old one. That's not the entire story, but that's roughly how I would of thought it's done.

Quite honestly, you lost me after "merely for keeping track for billing". I have no idea what you said after that or how it relates to my issue.

First, If WHMCS integrates with helm4 and sets up accounts automatically, that right there means that it doesn't just "keep track for billing". It's also responsible for setting up the account on the server at that point.

Maybe I wasn't clear regarding my issue.

When one orders a hosting package that will be hosted on a windows server with the helm4 control panel, the order comes through, is accepted after payment and is set up correctly on the server by WHMCS. That part works just fine.

This process sets up the customer information, login info, their product/service info, domain info, etc in WHMCS. The act of accepting the order and automatically setting it up on the server sets up the customer info, package info, domain info, and helm login info, etc also in helm4 and on the windows server. All correct.

Now, say that same customer comes back and wants to order another hosting package with a different domain, separate package/site.

Helm allows the new package and domain to be set up under the SAME CUSTOMER LOGIN as the origional. Meaning that when the customer logs in to the helm control panel, they have a choice. They can choose to manage 1 domain or the other at that point.

THE ISSUE appears to be that when that same customer comes back, orders an additional hosting package and associated domain, all the package info, customer and domain info are added to the correct customer in WHMCS. However, when the order is accepted and sent to be set up on the server, it sets up a whole new customer in helm, with a new login and password, instead of just setting up a new package under the existing customer in helm.

It would be nice for WHMCS to install that package under the existing customer in helm, so the customer wouldn't have to remember "x" number of logins.

Does that help clarify?

Thanks,

Dusty