Recurring Invoices & Start Dates

ashworth102680

I'm newly switched to WHMCS from ClientExec, and ModernBill about 3 months before CE. I managed to import most data (clients & billing address), but I'm having to enter invoice amounts for the plans they were on and their credit card numbers.

I can handle the credit card numbers, but the packages are totally confusing me.

The way we used to set people up in ModernBill back in the day (years ago) was we would add them as a client, then add a package with a "custom fixed amount" to the package as an override to what otherwise would have been billed (ie., package price as entered in the system).

When we moved to ClientExec a couple months ago, we could enter packages as a custom amount (ie., the override amt), but we were able to enter "recurring invoices" for each client with the custom amount to be billed.

Now that I have WHMCS setup fully, I'm entering people and seeing no way to:

1. Enter a custom override for a client's package
  2. Enter a recurring invoice to serve as the custom billable amount

In short, each client was negotiated at a special rate, and rarely do we have clients all falling under a "package price".

Second issue I'm having is the ability to set the start date. We just billed clients in ClientExec for the month of April 2008 (we bill at the first of each month), and as I'm adding people's packages into WHMCS, I see no way to enter a custom start date (ie., 5/1/2008).

I'm truly hoping for some special workaround that I'm obviously not seeing yet, or WHMCS may not be the answer to our issues.

I thank everyone in advance for their attention to this issue. I swear, it's the only thing in this system that I can see is lacking.

Thanks.

• WHMCS CEO

Welcome to WHMCS!

We have a guide here for how you should be importing users: http://wiki.whmcs.com/Importing_Data#Manual_Client_Entry

Step 9 is the step you are interested in as that's where you can set the custom recurring price for that individual user and the next date they are due to pay (1st May according to your post).

Matt