Different nameservers for different orders

Gears

Hi,

It would be great if the following was possible:

If the client purchases web hosting, then the nameservers would be set to ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com

But if the client purchases just domain registration, the nameservers would be set to whatever the registrar's nameservers are.

Maybe I'm overlooking this feature then, I can't find it.

How can I make it so that ns1.orange.com is used when someone purchases hosting, but dns1.names.com is used when someone just purchases domain registration?

• 3 weeks later...

I want to make it so that when a customer orders a domain, it uses enom's nameservers. But when a customer orders a domain and hosting, it uses our nameservers.

Here is our current setup:

Under "Configuration > Domain Registrars (General Settings tab)" - our nameservers are listed

Under "Configuration > Domain Registrars (Registrar Settings tab)" - I have "Tick this box to use the default Enom nameservers for new domain registrations" ticked

Under "Configuration > Servers" - our nameservers are listed with the ips

But when a client purchases hosting and a domain, the nameservers are set to enom's. How do I get this working? What's the correct combination of settings?

Thank you.

• WHMCS CEO

For that:

Under Configuration > Domain Registrars, set it to Enom's Nameservers on the General Tab as the default for domain registration only requests and don't enable the use of Enom's default nameservers on the Registrar specific tab as that applies to all domains - hosted or not

Under Configuration > Servers, set it to your nameservers and IPs for that server as always

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

That's what it does by default - taking the nameservers from the server the users hosting account is assigned to within WHMCS.

The user in this thread wants to have Enom's nameservers set for domain registration only orders and continue as normal for regular hosting orders which is achieved with the process I described above.

Matt

But if the client purchases just domain registration, the nameservers would be set to whatever the registrar's nameservers are.

WHMCS allows the entry the entry for "Default Nameservers" when a new domain is registered. Of course, there is no logic behind this. For me, it would be best to pull the nameservers from the server nameservers their hosting account is on.

• WHMCS CEO
WHMCS allows the entry the entry for "Default Nameservers" when a new domain is registered. Of course, there is no logic behind this. For me, it would be best to pull the nameservers from the server nameservers their hosting account is on.

Only on domain registration orders, which is of course necessary because on orders where only a domain is being registered, there is no matching hosting account for a server assignment. When a customer orders just a domain registration from you, they could want to point it at other servers so they are provided the fields to allow them to do that with the defaults you set shown as the defaults on the form.

Matt

is there no way to add an additional domain automatically to the customers hosting account on helm. ie the customer signs up he takes a hosting package and a domain and later on adds an additional domain to his package, that it can be added to his hosting account on helm ?

currently now we have to add the domain to helm manually, then send the domain registration, before it activates, if the customer does this and pays by credit card, the systm accepts the purchase and sends off the domain registration request, but fails due to the fact that the domain is not configured on a nameserver yet as this needs to be done manually.

cant we run a script to add the domain to their package automatically somehow ?

Only on domain registration orders, which is of course necessary because on orders where only a domain is being registered, there is no matching hosting account for a server assignment. When a customer orders just a domain registration from you, they could want to point it at other servers so they are provided the fields to allow them to do that with the defaults you set shown as the defaults on the form.

Matt

Yeah, I understand that , but let's say they order a hosting account and is the same as the domain. We can get around it by manually logging into enom and editing the nameservers. Although, the order can't be automated. Not really a big issue until one slips.