Enom vs DirectI

MyLama

Thanks. One of my main concerns is the whole Modern-Mafia thing. We currently use MB/enom for our US site and WHMCS/enom for our UK site, but we want to just consolidate eveything into our UK site to streamline operations and costs. I quiried enom about updating our default settings (currently set to US site) as well as company info. They said I needed to contact the owner of the reseller account (which is me!). So, I can just envision updating our defaults only to find out that we need a new account, etc..... As someone who moved from enom to Direct-I, do you know if they charged for the transfers?

AFAIK there isn't a way to transfer domain names for free. What we do is outlined in a post I've made already: http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=52833&postcount=5

eNom is the only module that supports managed DNS and email forwarding services at the moment....But they're not too important if you sell a hosting service anyway.

I currently use both.

I find eNom's interface much more streamlined and easy to use, their customer support has always been prompt and efficient. On top of that they support some TLD's DirectI does not.

The major benefit of DirectI is the lack of deposit needed and the ability to accumulate your expenditures towards lower TLD prices. However, the back end is rather slow (and finiky in some browsers) and it takes you longer to modify items. DirectI also has some domains eNom does not.

Basically, if you have an ETP account with eNom at a decent price level then it would probably work out better.

I use DirectI when they put domains on sale as that's the only time it goes lower than my pricing in eNom. Oh and for domains eNom doesn't have of course.

Other than that i stick with eNom.

.... I quiried enom about updating our default settings (currently set to US site) as well as company info. They said I needed to contact the owner of the reseller account (which is me!). So, I can just envision updating our defaults only to find out that we need a new account, etc.....

Just to follow up (and eat a little crow) - they actually did get back to me and sort out my issue. They have no problem with me updating our default and company info to our UK site.

Thanks,

MyLama

Enom has always been awesome, ive done registerfly which i dont know if they still are around but ive done them, godaddy, and directi i didnt like directi to much. But then again they ticked me off by calling me when i supplied a phone number and they called to ask me if i was happy with there service. I feel my phone number is important and private i give my email for a reason if you want to call ask for permission, my clients can call anytime that does not bother but ya....

Its not that they called and asked about there service its the fact that i signed up asking for info from them and they called me. I do not want people calling me without my permission, a form for submitting info is not for getting that users phone number and calling them, they require a phone, and a email address its very unprofessional to call them without even asking. If they were calling to ask about the service thats one thing but it was mroe of a call to get my info and see where i was hosting, who was my domain registerar and i told them i found some one else they kept saying well we are better and bla bla bla and slaping me in the face by saying that was not smart for going to this other place.

Its not that they called and asked about there service its the fact that i signed up asking for info from them and they called me. I do not want people calling me without my permission, a form for submitting info is not for getting that users phone number and calling them, they require a phone, and a email address its very unprofessional to call them without even asking. If they were calling to ask about the service thats one thing but it was mroe of a call to get my info and see where i was hosting, who was my domain registerar and i told them i found some one else they kept saying well we are better and bla bla bla and slaping me in the face by saying that was not smart for going to this other place.

Hi Jason,

I have never heard of RC calling a punter!!! I only ring resellers if they have a problem, some even ring us for a "chat" :@)

Chris

Hi Jason,

I have never heard of RC calling a punter!!! I only ring resellers if they have a problem, some even ring us for a "chat" :@)

Chris

The one time I did ring RC I got an idiot lady on the other side who couldn't tell me how to transfer a domain. Great hey? 30mins I spent on the line for her to tell me to make a ticket. Great stuff?

Hey Sohan check this out i got a better story.....

I got a SSL cert from godaddy couldnt figure out where to upload the cert as i forgot you just post the file contents into the WHM Cert config so i called godaddy got this guy he said you need to talk to your host, i said no i dont i am my host WHM has a thing to insert it into the thing i just dont know what to insert nor where to upload the files to.. He raised his voice saying "WHM and CPAENL DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY" i stated to him that ther eis a thing in WHM called *such and such* hes like OH im so sorry you need to add this into there..

Now, if thats not no0b then i dont know what is...

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Jason,

Chris

Well, in fact RC *does* now call direct resellers. What's more, direct resellers with moderate account activity now will get an account rep assigned to them. From what I can gather, many of these are just sales people, have little technical expertise, and probably driven by commission or some incentive driven compensation.

Out of fairness, at least I can say that our account rep is knowledgeable and is a part of their product development team. Maybe because of our longevity or volume, who knows. On occasion when a problem does arise, and I do find it useful to have a direct channel to someone there.