checkoutscript.php

DerekFL

Is anyone else using the checkoutscript.php feature? I have created a script that does additional fraud checking on an external database and then sets the account to PENDING mode if a match is found. I was also considering using the script to assist in the setup of forum accounts (such as phpBB since the forum is a pain to create a login share for). The problem that I'm having is that the script is called directly after account creation, but before payment is rendered. That means that if I were to use it to automate the creation of forum accounts, then anyone could create a fraudulent account in WHMCS, never pay, and the forum account would be created. It also prevents me from using the script to check the external fraud database and set the account to pending because WHMCS will over-ride that once payment is received. I could use a cron-job to look for any new orders, but this puts additional stress on the server as it has to look for new accounts every x minutes, even when no new accounts exist. It would be nice (and logical) if the script got called once initial payment was received. Any ideas?

I'd also like to release this fraud checking script publically if and when it works with minimal server effort.