How to extend a hosting product?

whmfhh

I haven't used WHMCS much and I think I shot myself in the foot. I decided to give a helpful user a year's worth of free hosting. On the "Products/Services" tab for the specific client I saw the "Next Due Date" and changed it to add a year. The plan she had was set for annual billing.

Overnight, the CRON job decided the account was overdue and suspended the account. The Next Due Date now says "00/00/0000".

Two questions:

- What's the best way to repair the damage and get the account unsuspended, and stay that way?

- What's the best way to give her a year of free service? I chose not give an account credit because I don't know what the plans will cost in a year. I don't have any two-year plans now, but I could make one, I suppose. If I did that, then upgraded her, then gave her a credit for the difference... is that the right way?

Thanks.

P.S. I am still on v 3.3.0 in case that matters.

Because I was busy with other things and because I have some customizations that I was afraid would not survive the upgrade if I let WHMCS do it.

Why are people who don't know the answer responding?

Why is the version I am using more of a topic of interest than my question?

Because I was busy with other things and because I have some customizations that I was afraid would not survive the upgrade if I let WHMCS do it.

Why are people who don't know the answer responding?

Why is the version I am using more of a topic of interest than my question?

Because people are most familiar with the current version, they can not go into their version and reliably say "Go here and do this" unless they memorized a product that is 6 months old with it's bugs and limitations.

That being the case, in the current version of WHMCS, i would goto the specific product and service under the client and click "Unsuspend" and increment the "next due date" like you did.

Since it obviously didn't work in your version, you could try overriding it in the DB or using the "override suspension" option in the package (if you have it). If you do the latter you'd have to remind yourself to turn that off and issue an invoice in a years time.

Thanks for responding. In my defense, 6 months doesn't seem that old to me, but let's put that aside.

I changed the Product/Service Status to "Active" and then clicked the Unsuspend Server Commands button. That seemed to work.

I attempted to change the "Next Due Date" and I think I found the bug. I used the calendar icon next to the date and picked a date. The date was inserted in the field as "mm/dd/yyyy". When I clicked [save Changes], the Next Due Date was changed to "0000/00/00". Note that the year is first in that sequence. I manually keyed the date I wanted in "yyyy/mm/dd" format and clicked [save Changes]. That change stuck.

When I installed WHMCS I set it the "yyyy/mm/dd" date format. It seems likely that the calendar popup doesn't respect that choice. It's not a big deal now that I know about it and perhaps it's been fixed in a more recent version.

6 months is an ETERNITY!!!! :) jkin

I just double checked using the calendar in 3.6, changing the date format is reflected when using the calendar. If it's not in your version, then it must have been fixed sometime betwen 3.3 and 3.6.

Just so you know!