Possible to edit email templates "offline"?

Lesli

Hi,

Is there a way I can edit my email templates offline (like editing the client area/portal templates)? I know that the online editor's available; but I feel a bit more comfortable being able to fire up my text editor and noodle around to my heart's content (and also, where relevant, do search-and-replace).

You could just copy and paste it from WHMCS into an editor, do your stuff and copy and paste it back in...

That's usually what i do when i'm doing a mass email template change, that way i can change it all in one shot instead of some being new and some being older layouts.

Hi nielsenj,

Thanks for your suggestion. I could do that...but that's a lot of prepwork and separate clicks I was hoping to avoid. I was hoping to get a pointer as to which file to edit. I've looked through the admin folders, but wasn't able to spot anything that immediately looked like it would be the email templates.

Lesli,

Email templates are actually stored in the database so there is no file to find.

If your comfortable with SQL you could edit them offline and do a mass insert.

A quicker method i use (rather than going through WHMCS) is to edit them directly in phpMyAdmin, fewer clicks.

PS: The table your looking for in the database is "tblemailtemplates"

Stellar - thanks! I can get into PhpMyAdmin no worries. I didn't even think to look in the database itself. (It's been One of Those Weeks. Had the initial problems getting the merchant account to work, have an all-day meeting Friday, transmission decided to start dying, cat was acting oddly...bleargh. I've been doing the Headless Chicken Dance.)

Thanks for the information!