WHMCS + Kayako Guest Ticket Submission

nielsenj

As per request, this mod will allow a visitor to WHMCS to submit a ticket to Kayako without having to login.

Instructions are contained within the file.

Requirements:

1. An Owned version of Kayako (for source code) - I believe you can ask Kayako for specific files if you don't have an owned licence.

2. General knowledge about how to edit files on a server.

Known Issues:

1. Kayako's CAPTCHA will not work in any integration, potential spam bot abuse.

Regards,

J

Link:

http://www.mcintegrator.com/downloads/Guest%20Submit%20Ticket%20Form.zip

• 6 months later...

Updated version of the guest submission form for Kayako + WHMCS integration.

Requires:

• WHMCS v3.7.2
  • Kayako Support Suite v3.30.02 STABLE Owned
    • This is required for code modification, if you do not have an owned license Kayako *MAY* provide you with the source version of the file if you request it directly.

Changes:

• Updated to work with the latest versions of Kayako & WHMCS
  • Captcha protection for Kayako now works

Features:

• Users not logged in will be directed to a guest submission form for Kayako
  • Logged i users will be directed to the pre-filled standard submission form.
  • Tickets submitted by either method will be recorded and handled by Kayako.

Original download URL now links to new version: Here

Old download (compatible with WHMCS 3.6.x & Kayako Support Suite v3.20.02 Owned) now available: Here

• 2 months later...

Updated version of the guest submission form for Kayako + WHMCS integration.

Requires:

WHMCS v3.8.1

• Kayako Support Suite v3.30.02 STABLE Owned
  • This is required for code modification, if you do not have an owned license Kayako *MAY* provide you with the source version of the file if you request it directly.

Changes:

• Updated to work with WHMCS 3.8.1

Features:

• Users not logged in will be directed to a guest submission form for Kayako
  • Logged i users will be directed to the pre-filled standard submission form.
  • Tickets submitted by either method will be recorded and handled by Kayako.

Original download URL now links to new version: Here

Old download (compatible with WHMCS 3.7.x & Kayako Support Suite v3.30.02 Owned) now available: Here

Old download (compatible with WHMCS 3.6.x & Kayako Support Suite v3.20.02 Owned) now available: Here

Edited by nielsenj

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

guestsubmitticket.php? loads, but the 2nd step doesnt have any fields for user name and email address?

WHMCS 3.8.1

Kayako SupportSuite v3.30.02

Is it possible for you to provide me with your modified kayako "\modules\tickets\client_submit.php" so I can check where the error is.

edit: Cleared the browser cache and it works, weird :/ It stored some kayako login info that was used over a month ago o.0

Edited by jasonhk

after implementing this code - whmcs would bypass the login and go straight to the "select department" page of kayako. you then select a department and suddenly you can no longer type your name and email address in the required fields of the form. They appear locked. Any suggestions on what might be happening?

If the form boxes are disabled then it is one of two issues:

1. Your browser is caching old information and needs to be cleared.

2. You did not edit your Kayako template files correctly (This is assuming you are using it on the specifically tested versions, template changes may be different in newer versions).

Regards

Support is provided for the versions mentioned.

No changes have been worth an upgrade on my end since the mentioned versions so you're on your own.

Disabled form boxes are specifically on the HTML side so if it's not a problem with your cache then it's most likely a problem with the Kayako template modifications.

Regards

I put the first snippet of code as so here which is actually line 287:

//Mahesh Slaria
			if($_SWIFT["settings"]["kb_enableclient"] == 1)
			{
				$template->assign("sectiondesc", iif(defined("ISMODERNBILL"), $_SWIFT["language"]["dsubmitticketmb"], iif(defined("ISWHMCS"), $_SWIFT['language']['dsubmitticketwhmcs'], $_SWIFT["language"]["dsubmitticket"])));
			}else
			{
				$template->assign("sectiondesc", iif(defined("ISMODERNBILL"), $_SWIFT["language"]["dsubmitticketmb"], iif(defined("ISWHMCS"), $_SWIFT['language']['dsubmitticketwhmcs'], $_SWIFT["language"]["xsubmitticket"])));
			}
			//------
		}

So it now looks like so:

//Mahesh Slaria
			if($_SWIFT["settings"]["kb_enableclient"] == 1)
			{
				$template->assign("sectiondesc", iif(defined("ISMODERNBILL"), $_SWIFT["language"]["dsubmitticketmb"], iif(defined("ISWHMCS"), $_SWIFT['language']['dsubmitticketwhmcs'], $_SWIFT["language"]["dsubmitticket"])));
			}else
			{
				$template->assign("sectiondesc", iif(defined("ISMODERNBILL"), $_SWIFT["language"]["dsubmitticketmb"], iif(defined("ISWHMCS"), $_SWIFT['language']['dsubmitticketwhmcs'], $_SWIFT["language"]["xsubmitticket"])));
			}
			//------

if (defined("ISWHMCS"))
			{
				if (WHMCSAREA == "guestsubmitticket")
				{
					$template->assign("basepath", "guestsubmitticket.php");
					$template->assign("backurl", "guestsubmitticket.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit");	
				}

else
				{
					$template->assign("basepath", "submitticket.php");
					$template->assign("backurl", "submitticket.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit");	
				}
			}
		}

And the second bit of I code I placed here at line 333:

//---------
	}

if (!defined("ISMODERNBILLV5"))

so it now looks like this:

//---------
	}

if (defined("ISWHMCS"))
	{
			if (WHMCSAREA == "guestsubmitticket")
				$template->assign("basepath", "guestsubmitticket.php");
			else
				$template->assign("basepath", "submitticket.php");

$template->assign("backurl", "index.php");

} else if (!defined("ISMODERNBILLV5"))

Did I put these in the wrong place?

The other files were uploaded as mentioned into the appropriate WHMCS directories as well.

The modifications to the code simply keep the user on the same page (submitticket.php) and prevent the default re-direction to Kayako.

If you can goto submitticket.php and proceed through the first step and still be on the submitticket.php page then the code modifications are the right modifications.

If going to submitticket.php and proceeding to the next step takes you into your Kayako SupportSuite URL then there have been other changes to the back end code and there are probably aditional changes above and beyond what i've included for the 3.30.02 version.

If the form entry boxes are disabled then it is specifically HTML and Template related. so you should be concentrating your effort there.

Unless very large changes have occured in the way Kayako processes it's templates back end code changes should not be disabling the form entry boxes.

There is most likely a change in the template format, a compliance/standards update perhaps, that change the way the mods' Template modification need to be formatted.

This all happend when you click submit ticket and go to guestsubmitticket.php. When clicked - it goes to the select department in Kayako and then when you select the department the first two fields are locked. It's wild. And we haven't adjusted any of the code except for what you mentioned to put in there. It is only then that the boxes become locked. Maybe we will wait for your next version.

Sorry, i ment guestsubmitticket.php instead of submitticket.php.

The logic is still applicable - if you're being re-directed to Kayako (not guestsubmitticket.php) on any step past the "submit ticket" link from your main WHMCS page then it is an issue with the back end modifications.

If not, it is an issue with the template modifications.

As for the next version there will most likely not be a release until Kayako SupportSuite 4.0 comes out as the beneficial changes in these new sub versions are minimal.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...