Need feedback from users who have Kayako integration

nielsenj

Howdy,

I'm on my way to "fixing" all the items that Kayako decided to either leave out completely or implement only partially.

What i'm looking for is a list of issues that you've encountered with the integration and i'll try and do what i can to correct them.

Listed below are the major items i've tackled so far, there are others which i can't remember off hand.

I'll release a fix list once i've gotten the majority of it to work correctly.

Just a forewarning though, due to copyright restrictions i can't distribute full modified Kayako files. As such, for you to apply the patches you'll have to have a fully owned license of Kayako OR contact their tech support to obtain un-encoded versions of the files.

---

So far here's the fix list i've tackled:

1. Unable to view support tickets that have already been issued. Clicking on the subject now shows the support ticket history properly.

2. Created the integration for the "Troubleshooter" module as it was left out.

3. Created the integration for searching the Kayako KB, Downloads and Troubleshooter from the WHMCS side bar (or anywhere within WHMCS technically).

---

Parital "To Do" list:

1. Automatically fill the user info (email, name etc) from WHMCS API when submitting a new ticket as they have to be registered to submit a ticket anyways.

2. Get "Post Reply" to work when replying to the history of a sumitted ticket.

---

I look forward to your feedback, please try to not duplicate issues listed here.

Regards,

J

YOu've covered what I was planning on bitching about today :).

Try to work out a way to make a department or ticket creation without having to log in to whmcs, as with the contact us form.

I noticed that too, at the moment i'm just exploring integrating Kayako's piping into WHMCS.

So far it creates the user in WHMCS so they can log in using the email used to send the ticket and the password randomly generated by Kayako for accounts not already in WHMCS.

You can see the tickets and reply so on and so forth which is great.

Potential problems include being able to order without their full information entered (as piping only provides a name and email address).

Spam users filling up the database (looking at making a cron script to purge people without their info filled in that havn't logged in since ticket creation).

I'm seeing if i can draw off of WHMC's database for banned emails to prevent Kayako from accepting emails from said addresses. Only replying with a banned email notification.

I'll put the ticket submission without login into the "to do" list, BUT i have a feeling that the login request is actually WHMCS side. A work around may be a seperate url for non-login submissions. I'll see what i can do!

YOu've covered what I was planning on bitching about today :).

Try to work out a way to make a department or ticket creation without having to log in to whmcs, as with the contact us form.

Update!

It's definatly WHMCS requiring user credentials. I've coded a seperate ticket submission file (guestsubmitticket.php) which has to be used for unauthorized submission.

Problem is the captcha seems to not be working correctly which is obviously a must have feature if it's a public submission form.

I'll try and track down the problem and post the code.

Update!

Problem is the captcha seems to not be working correctly which is obviously a must have feature if it's a public submission form.

I'll try and track down the problem and post the code.

It's an issue with any Kayako integration, you'll have to live with it or integrate your own! :?

Here's the post for guest ticket submission mod.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?p=54812

Regards,

J

Kayako troubleshooter integration:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=10115

Last mod i just have to put installation instructions together for is the integrated search function for the Kayako integration.

I'm looking at integrating the Kayako email pipe into WHMCS's user database allowing new users submitting tickets directly by email to be accessed through the WHMCS integration rather than having to log into Kayako.

Matt has been helpful in narrowing down the parts where i have to integrate into WHMCS.

The gist (in my head):

1. Users who do not exist in the WHMCS user database will be added under their email address and the random password generated by Kayako.

2. Users get the modified new username/password email from Kayako directing them to view their ticket at the WHMCS url.

3. Users can log in using their email and the password, but protection is enabled preventing them from ordering items from the site until their user information is filled out. (Because of a lack of information when creating the default account)

4. Something similar to a cron script will be used to purge the database of Kayako generated users (users with only email and password defined) who havn't logged in to view their tickets EVER and are over X days old. This should prevent Kayako from spamming the userbase with new accounts that are never used.

I hope to have a functional version by the end of the week, if you have any requests/suggestions for it please let me know.

Regards,

J