API to add products to customers

Mozzie

Hello, I'm using WHMCS for an online backup business (not live yet). I wish to offer a free trial so I've configured WHMCS to allow registration without purchasing a product. This generates the emails informing the customer where to download the client side backup software etc.

Matt has written a custom module that adds the new customer to an external backup server but this is only executed if a customer chooses a product from the beginning of the standard ordering process!

What I need is an example of an API call that adds or assigns a product to a customer so I can run this after the customer has completed the registration form (assigning the product will then run the module etc.

Thanks

Paul

I considered this but the ordering process is reasonably long (even for free products).

I think most customers would always try before buying. All I need is them to register and start using, after 10 days I send them an email asking them to essentially upgrade to paying products and they can run through the standard ordering process.

Is there was a way to shorten the standard ordering process (is this a case of editing the order forms?)

Thx