Mass Mail Function in v3.6.0

aushosts

Hello,

With the mass mail function we only want to email clients specific details related to the server; so we selected "General" as the email type with "Active" as the client status and the server name of the customers we wanted to mail to.

When we send the mail out - it sent it to everybody; this wasn't the case in eariler versions :)

Is this a bug?

We're using 3.6.0

• 2 weeks later...

I"m having a problem on the mass mailing also.

I select the server, select the Email Type as being the Service type etc, and then I also click the Duplicate Emails checkbox.

It was my understanding that if a user has multiple domains on the server, it will send them the multiple emails, however it appears to be that if the user has multiple accounts they get one for EACH of their domains, even if they're on different servers :(

So if I'm looking to send out an email to lets say "user 7543" and they have 3 domains being hosted - two on the server affected, and one on a different server, how would I be able to notify them on the TWO domains, but not the THIRD domain (which is not on that server).

• 4 weeks later...
As it states in the key, you have to set the email type to Product/Service related if you will be filtering on product/service related criteria.

Matt

This is very confusing. I mean it is VERY EASY TO MISS THIS.

You may want to consider changing this little fact to what a user expects (which is that the configuration will always apply).

If you do not change the functionality, at least make it more evident. Even a simple javascript alert when a person clicks "Compose Message" with "general" selected would suffice. Perhaps you could simply rewrite the template of the page to instead have it visible separate into sections for each type of email. What I can tell you is that many more will continue to miss this tiny bit of text at the very bottom of the page:

* Applies to Product/Service Email Type Only

Something needs to be changed. The current design is NOT intuitive and easy to miss.