ALL Email / Tickets on ONE Page

Hey All;

Trying to create a custom page that lists:

>> Open Support Tickets

>> ALL Support Tickets

>> ALL Account Email

because I've grown sick and tired of being accused of not communicating.. happens with more than 3/4 of our orders.. and the whopping increase in credit card disputes. Obvious spam issues, and most clients "get" that they need to log in to view communications due to email bouncing (and we say so 50 times, and even send a snail mail reminder!), but, when they log in, the communications are all over the place, and there is zero sense or order to the layout.

On one page we've got open tickets. On another we've got all. On another we've got email. No client should have to put in that kind of time to "search" for bits and pieces. No client would ever guess that they have to.

So, I created a custom page - - fine

Started to add the code to the .tpl - only kind of fine

I can get the tables to show, but, I can't get the client/communication information to pull in.

Do I need access to encoded files to make this happen, or is there another way?

I need this done no later than this morning... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

• WHMCS CEO
but, when they log in, the communications are all over the place, and there is zero sense or order to the layout.

Right, so having a Support Tickets page that lists all the users support tickets, and a My Emails page that lists all the emails they have been sent is not logical? Or simple to understand?!?

The Open Support Tickets list on the client area homepage is there to aid the user in viewing their open support requests - again, that should make it more easy to find recent tickets - not harder.

You don't need access to the database in order to achieve what you want as you would just be querying the database for the data to display but it doesn't sound very useful.

Matt

For you and me, and anyone else who has a bit of a brain and patience, yes, it makes sense. But all spread out doesn't really cut it for us or for client ease of use.

For us to use the client home page, for example, we'd have to leave all tickets in an open or otherwise viewable status for months and months. And the email still doesn't show there.

People just plain don't want to work that hard to get their answers. If it's not all on one page, whatever is missing simply doesn't exist to them and, to them, it never happened. They don't read instructions no matter how big or bold you make the font.. and they don't look any further... as much as we might like them to.

;)