Anyone using SecPay with repeat payments?

Hello,

We are thinking about switching from Worldpay. We now have an IMA with our bank.

We are looking at SEcPAy as Protx doesn't support HSBC.

Who is using Secpay? Is it any good? What plan are you on? Are you PCI Accredited? Does the repeat (recurring) payments work well?

Any feedback would be great

Cheers :-)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi,

Can I ask how you are getting on with PayPoint? Is the recurring billing working okay? Did the WHMCS module work out of the box?

I'd appreciate your input on this as not too many ppl appear to be using PayPoint(SecPay).

Paypoint (Secpay) has been faultless for us and I strongly recommend them. Signup and Setup was a breeze and took Paypoint a few days to have everything complete, we have our own internet merchant account with HSBC (which tooks weeks to setup which is typical for banks!) and use Secpay as the gateway. Previously we used Worldpay, without our own internet merchant account. Worldpay's Futurepay recurring payment module doesn't cut it, well with WHMCS anyway. Using your own merchant account also means you can keep the customer on your site without sending them off to an external payment page like Paypal and Worldpay (if you run the service where you don't need your own internet merchant account).

Setting up the Paypoint module in WHMCS took a few seconds and testing... well testing takes as long as you need to feel confident. We were confident after a few test transactions.

We have never had an operational problem with recurring payments with Secpay, WHMCS simply sends the request to charge on the day the invoice is due, job done, 2 days later money is in our bank account :-)

The only problem we get, if you can call it a problem, is customers ignoring the 'Your Credit Card has expired' emails from WHMCS!

The only downside, although its a very minor point, the receipts that Secpay issue to the customer can not be modified at least not the last time we looked. That said the customer still get the confirmation of payment receipt from WHMCS. We put notices on the WHMCS payment confirmation emails for customers to the affect that they will also receive a transaction receipt directly from Paypoint as well. We have had no complaints.

I hope this helps

Edited by netmotiv8
Some extra info added

I'd be interested in hearing people's experiences with PayPoint as we're looking at switching.

Hi chickendippers, see my comments above. We strongly recommend them. With Worldpay there were was a lot of red tape by comparison, I wish we knew about Secpay sooner!

Been using them for over a year now, 100% satisfied.

In any case barclays gave us far better rates :)

nevermind then, just checked your website and see your using secpay :)

Sorry Summy, I just read the whole thread again and can see that I didn't respond to you previously, apologies! :-(

See my recents comments :-)

Hello,

We are thinking about switching from Worldpay. We now have an IMA with our bank.

We are looking at SEcPAy as Protx doesn't support HSBC.

Who is using Secpay? Is it any good? What plan are you on? Are you PCI Accredited? Does the repeat (recurring) payments work well?

Any feedback would be great

Cheers :-)

ProtX does support HSBC for recurring payments...

ProtX does support HSBC for recurring payments...

Hello, at the time, 18 Months ago, Protx did not support recurring payments for HSBC merchants. Furthermore, Protx were also having problems with Maestro, so stayed clear!

I have experience of Protx, Worldpay and Paypoint having used all three in various client projects. I would say Paypoint is the easiest to work with.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We're currently using ProTX however having intermittine issues with 3DSecure just plain not working - nothing showingto customers who have not yet registered their cards to do so.

I know when I have used each card I have online through a 3DSecure supporting merchant I have been prompted to register them.

Have you had any issues like this with SecPay (PayPoint)?

Can you setup rules within the SecPay admin to force 3DSecure, etc?

We ProTX you have a limited ability to set rules based on transaction amounts but being able to set rules per card type would be great.

Does SecPay work with Continuos Authority merchant number s for repeat (batched) renewals?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi people just picking this thread up again. I see a few people have opted for SecPay now.

One of the features that SecPay (now PayPoint) provide is the ability to charge a card by passing a unique token (stored by the merchant upon successful first transaction), instead of the card number/details. So this means that you don't need to store any credit card details in your WHMCS database for future transactions. It's something we're quite keen to see integrated into WHMCS, and i've spoken to Matt briefly about it in the past.

I'm just wondering if anyone else currently using SecPay or thinking about using it, may be interested in getting this feature into WHMCS?

It'd mean you wouldn't have to worry about storing any credit card details in your database, just the unique token, which can only be used to make charges to your merchant account.

This is similar to the way the recurring transaction with ProTX are supposed to work, Matt has said it will mean adding a new gateway type to WHMCS to support this method.

The only down side is clients will have to make 1 manual payment to have details stored for repeating against, updating card details would need to do a deffered transaction for £1 to generate required details for repeating against too.

Apparently v4 is going to have native support for this "extra field" to store the token/reference, so then its only an additional bit of work to get the gateway to work with it.

I wouldn't see that as a downside, you'd just want to do a preauth for £1 (and let it expire) when they update card details. I would see that as an advantage :)

I wasn't aware that ProTX offered a similar system? I thought "REPEAT" was for the occasional repeat payments, not if you are doing monthly/yearly subs... I seem to remember reading something along those lines from the ProTX support web site a while ago when I was looking in to it all. Unless you are telling/heard differently?

Hi,

The docs do say occassional repeats, however from talking to ProTX to do any recurring billing you should be using the REPEAT.

For some reason if you send a transaction with the C flag and TxType Payment as WHMCS does currently it still wants the CVV off the back of the card hence the dummy CVV getting sent which ProTX apparentyl said should be done in the past.

It would appear from recent discussions this is now no longer the case and you should be using REPEAT and sending the 000 CVV will likely result in declined transactions as this is passed to the banks as part fo the authorisation.

wow, it seems like ProTX need to get their facts straight then. Perhaps this is reason good enough for us to go with SecPay rather than ProTX then... I wonder if they'll update the docs soon (I havn't checked so maybe they have already - although I doubt it).

Hi,

I don't know if it has been a recent change as it seems at some point in the past someone at ProTX had said to send the 000 as the CVV. The thing is these things change frequently due to new rules brought in by the card schemes.

We had signed up with SecPay too however having found out that WHMCS does not support 3DSecure with SecPay at present meaning we cannot take Maestro cards we've opted to stick with ProTX and hope that support for using the correct method of repeating will be added soon to WHMCS, at least before the CVV requirement change in June.