Paypal order question...

t20host

Question

I have a problem setting up paypal in accordance with whmcs. I am trying to set up my order so that those with paypal accounts can pay as well as NON CLIENT paypal. For some reason, my order says that the customer has to have a paypal account or they have to sign up in order to pay for my item. I was told by Matt that paypal needs to be an invoice account instead of a subscription. Can anyone help as to how i could set that up in paypal? I am not very familiar with paypal as I do not use them hardly. I have a merchant website standard account with them if that helps any...

5 answers to this question

Hey,

I have a Business account with paypal (Personal, Premier, and Business are the three types you can have with paypal)

I can't find the option where it says allow non paypal buyers to pay but contact PayPal and they should help you out.

This option can be done as I have a hand full of clients using credit cards to pay me all done via PayPal. Also just an FYI the place where they they go on to pay via paypal is in the middle of the page...

From,

Adam

Adam,

thanks for replying. I found the button, but when i go through my site to test it, i choose paypal method to pay, and it still brings me to the paypal page where it asks to log in or sign up for a paypal acct. Im totally lost as how to go about this. I have called paypal and they give me the run around and tell me i need to upgrade to a bigger plan then the standard, which it clearly states I am able to allow non paypal clients to sign up....

• WHMCS CEO

t20host,

What I said is that you need to use PayPal Invoices and not PayPal Subscriptions. I didn't say you need an invoice account. For a user to signup to a paypal subscription they have to be paypal members. What you need to do is disable the PayPal gateway in WHMCS and enable PayPal Invoices.

Matt