WHMCS - reseller account

naioro

Question

Hi

I have read all the topics in 'Pre-Sale Questions' and almost all my questions were answered, but I would like to have some straight, clear answers because I am VERY new to this... and sorry for the future stupid questions.

I am about to start a web hosting company as a reseller. I will not have access to root, if it matters, and I am using Windows Vista at home. I will have a WHM panel from where I can manually add accounts and make my own hosting plans. Well... I can make the plans but I cannot enter the prices for each one in WHM panel.

My questions about using WHMCS are:

1. Can I make the account creation automatic, including payments?

For example, on my homepage will be 3 different packages with 3 different price tags. When a client clicks on 'order' (on one of the 3 packages), I would like the next page to give him the opportunity to choose between, let's say, 3 payment options: PayPal, CreditCard and bank transfer. The client chooses CreditCard, enters the numbers, clicks 'continue' and the monthly invoke appears. He clicks 'accept' (or 'cancel'), the payment is sent and the account is activated (the package he paid for). He will receive a mail with the account details, and I have a new client with out even knowing it.

If yes, does WHMCS have some default web pages for this (customizable) or I will have to create them from scratch?

2. Can WHMCS keep track of my client's payments and send mails before payments as a reminder, or after, to each one of them? Will it suspend/unsuspend/terminate accounts if someone did not pay? And will it send an invoke with the payment details every month?

For example I will bill my clients monthly, according to the plan they choose.

Can WHMCS make the difference between Plan A and B (price tag) and bill the client accordingly? If I upgrade or downgrade an account, can I change this in WHMCS and bill the client according to his new plan?

3. If a client pays with PayPal or CreditCard, is WHMCS able to 'extract' from his account, every month, the needed sum of money and send him an invoke with the payment details after? If the client does not have enough money in his account, will WHMCS send him a mail letting him know that? If the account still has not enough money to pay the monthly fee (let's say 3 days after pay day), will WHMCS send him a reminder mail and suspend his account if needed?

If yes, what other payment gateways are supporting this feature?

4. Does WHMCS have a domain checker to include in my homepage? If yes, what 'extensions?' are supported (.com .net .org, etc)?

Can I use the same licence of WHMCS for a domain reseller too?

Thank you very much to anyone who has the patience to answer this, or even to read it.

6 answers to this question

1. Can I make the account creation automatic, including payments?

For example, on my homepage will be 3 different packages with 3 different price tags. When a client clicks on 'order' (on one of the 3 packages), I would like the next page to give him the opportunity to choose between, let's say, 3 payment options: PayPal, CreditCard and bank transfer. The client chooses CreditCard, enters the numbers, clicks 'continue' and the monthly invoke appears. He clicks 'accept' (or 'cancel'), the payment is sent and the account is activated (the package he paid for). He will receive a mail with the account details, and I have a new client with out even knowing it.

If yes, does WHMCS have some default web pages for this (customizable) or I will have to create them from scratch?

Yes, the account will be automatically created, welcome emails will be sent, and those emails are fully customizable. The system will tell you that there is a new customer, but if you do not check the system (or the email it sends you) then, yes, you will have a new customer, paid and all, that you don't even know about.

2. Can WHMCS keep track of my client's payments and send mails before payments as a reminder, or after, to each one of them? Will it suspend/unsuspend/terminate accounts if someone did not pay? And will it send an invoke with the payment details every month?

For example I will bill my clients monthly, according to the plan they choose.

Can WHMCS make the difference between Plan A and B (price tag) and bill the client accordingly? If I upgrade or downgrade an account, can I change this in WHMCS and bill the client according to his new plan?

Yes, all this can be done

3. If a client pays with PayPal or CreditCard, is WHMCS able to 'extract' from his account, every month, the needed sum of money and send him an invoke with the payment details after? If the client does not have enough money in his account, will WHMCS send him a mail letting him know that? If the account still has not enough money to pay the monthly fee (let's say 3 days after pay day), will WHMCS send him a reminder mail and suspend his account if needed?

If yes, what other payment gateways are supporting this feature?

WHMCS will bill CC cards every cycle. If one of those payments is declined, WHMCS will recognize it, and inform the customer of such. When the customer pays with Paypal, they can either choose a one time payment, or a reoccurring payment. If the payment is reoccurring, WHMCS will know whether it has been paid or not, and proceed accordingly. If a customer does not have enough money in their Paypal account, that is between them and Paypal. If Paypal authorizes the charge, you get your money either way.

4. Does WHMCS have a domain checker to include in my homepage? If yes, what 'extensions?' are supported (.com .net .org, etc)?

Can I use the same licence of WHMCS for a domain reseller too?

WHMCS does have a domain checker you can add to your homepage (or where ever else)

You might want to go to demo.whmcs.com and "play around" a little there so that you can get a better idea of the features.

Thank you very much.

Still one question remains unanswered:

Does WHMCS have some default web pages* (customizable) or I will have to create them from scratch?

*pages that have the required fields for a credit card, bank transfer, PayPal, etc payment and other steps needed in order for a client to successfully create an account.

And...

What Installation & Configuration Service - $59.95 One Time exactly mean?

Thank you very much.

Still one question remains unanswered:

Does WHMCS have some default web pages* (customizable) or I will have to create them from scratch?

*pages that have the required fields for a credit card, bank transfer, PayPal, etc payment and other steps needed in order for a client to successfully create an account.

And...

What Installation & Configuration Service - $59.95 One Time exactly mean?

Sorry, I misread your question the first time. There are default pages, and they are customizable.

There are different "professional" customization services available through WHMCS. I really recommend taking advantage of these services (esp until you get used to the templating).

The 59.95 customization is where WHMCS staff will install WHMCS on your server. They will also configure everything for you out of the box. IMHO you do not need this service (sorry Matt) because WHMCS is incredibly easy to configure.

What I would suggest (if you have a site already) is to pay 34.95 to get the custom integration service. With that, the WHMCS staff will modify WHMCS to look like your site (or a template you choose).

I sent you a PM of an example.

Thanks again ask21900. And thanks for the PM too.

WHMCS is a great system, the templates are so easy to modify that all you need is basic understanding of HTML.

I am using dreamweaver for that. I am still a noob in HTML, but I can handle basic customization... I think :-P Thank you.