Can't get to admin

wyattburp

I have WHMCS as part of my hosting. I followed the instalation guide, ran the new install script, setup database, and cron job. Instruction said to login to the admin area, which is: http://www.mysite.com/whmcs/admin and I get this:critical error, could not connect to database. I tried several times to go to admin and decided that I deleted the install folder too soon so I re-installed the folder and started over. ( both are still there, one in a folder and one out) That when I got the critical error page. I have a feeling my problem doesn't have anything to do with my setting up whmcs and is somewhere else. Anyone know what might be wrong?

Howdy,

Welcome to the WHMCS Forums.

Check and make sure the information in the configuration.php file in the root WHMCS folder has the correct database information.

If that is fine, remove the configuration.php file and reupload the install folder and run the install again.

Thanks,

Adam