Cron Question

RSprinkel

Hello all,

I am running a cron on all 3 of my reseller accounts for the /pipe/pop.php and I am getting emails with the subject line of: Cron <myhost@domain> php -q /home/mysite/public_html/orders/pipe/pop.php and the content of the email is: <b>POP Import Log</b><br>Date: 28/02/2008 00:00:13<hr>.

Is this stuff normal? Again I have this on all 3 of my accounts and all 3 show the same thing. The cron is only ran once a day at midnight.

Thanks much in advance.

Ron S.

• WHMCS CEO

This is normal, but there are two problems.

1. You should run the pop import cron every 5 minutes - it controls importing emails to your ticket system so at the moment you are only importing emails once each day

2. You do not have IMAP installed on your server which is required to poll the mail servers for messages.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Ok for #1 yes I know I should have it run every 5 minutes, however one of my newest clients sent in a support ticket and every 5 minutes he was getting emails as well as I and some were saying in the Subject line - New Support Ticket Opened with a ticket number and then other emails stating - Support Ticket Not Opened with the same ticket numbers. So after 50+ emails sent to both the client and myself and then all the support tickets in the admin section I set it for once at midnight and did something to stop the ticket process.

As for #2 I think 2 of the 3 of my sites have IMAP installed, which is IMAP c-Client Version when I run phpinfo.php. I guess I will have to look further into this to make sure it is installed and make sure it is all setup properly to work right.

Again thanks for the reply. Much Appreciated.

Ron