Jump to content

Stripe Dynamic - Completely Broken WHMCS Won’t Help


AssosChelt

Recommended Posts

The Stripe Dynamic module that WHMCS recommend is severely broken.

They have acknowledged 3 serious bugs in the module:

  • A Duplicate Payments Bug WHMCS-27234
  • A VAT calculation bug WHMCS-27437
  • A bug enabling overcharging of invoices with client discounts WHMCS-27331

27234 and 27331 have been outstanding for the best part of 2 months. With no fix forthcoming.

Yesterday having had all my direct debit mandates moved from GoCardless to Stripe, I found that Direct Debit support also seriously broken. Every Direct Debit payment requested against an existing invoice leads to an oops error in the client area, or “There was a problem communicating with the server” in the admin area.

I opened a ticket, paid for fast track. Not only did they not respond within the guaranteed hour. They spent the next 8 hours playing ticket tennis, before deciding to raise to Level 2.

Last time something was escalated beyond first line, it took a week to actually get a response. Live chat never seems to work (across multiple browsers, after clearing cache / cookies etc) despite having the requires business license and on the rare occasion I am deemed worthy of it loading correctly the agents are more interested in making excuses (8 hours in I was told that they hadn’t had time to review the issue!!) than actually providing support.

Im at my wits end, Stripe Dynamic should never have been released, and whilst I should’ve known better than to trust WHMCS would test their software before release and hammered through every edge case possible before pushing live I didn’t, it looked good, was going to save me the hassle of maintaining separate custom GoCardless and TrustPayments modules (especially when Trust seem to change how things work every 6 months).

I’m now stuck in a position where I either have to disable stripe dynamic (and thus be unable to process DD payments) or accept overcharging will happen and WHMCS just don’t seem to care.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated