Support Ticket / browscap.ini error

eekdood

Hello,

I downloaded the free trial last night and have not slept yet! I love this software!

Right now the only problems I am having involve the support ticket system.

1. Any time and email is sent to the piped address we're getting a mail delivery failed response with the following error:

PHP Warning: Cannot open 'browscap.ini' for reading in Unknown on line 0

2. any email sent to the piped address that ISN'T a reply to a ticket goes nowhere. The error above is still generated and the message shows in the import log with a status of "Ticket ID Not Found".

I do have browscap.ini in the proper location and the php.ini file has the correct path.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

• WHMCS CEO

The error referring to browscap.ini will be an issue with the PHP config on your server rather than WHMCS.

For the "Ticket ID Not Found" error, you get that when you try to open a ticket from your admin email. Admins can only reply to tickets - use any other email and you'll be able to open tickets.

Matt

I'm just posting this as a solution for reference.

My browscap.ini file is located in the same directory as my php.ini file. I have never had a problem in the past, but by changing the path from 'browscap.ini' to '/usr/local/lib/browscap.ini' the problem was solved.