Using active CC to test...

t20host

Question

Im not sure, so here goes. When i set up WHMCS and try and test out all the different billing, can I use a live CC to test authorize.net in testmode? I know it says test, and im leaning towards, "DUH" but i want to make sure that I can go through the whole sign up process but not be charged. The manual has some dead CC numbers but they dont have any csv AND date.

Does this make sense?

6 answers to this question

yeah, i did the 15 day trial. Its all set up and ready to go, i just need to confirm that it works with a CC to automation. Ive checked the "test mode" button on authorize.net but no CC's work. Im going to assume that a live credit card will work, I just dont want to go throught he pain of asking for a refund, ya know what i mean? btw, thnks for answering so quick, geez!

Adam,

Thanks for replying. I don't think i was being clear, i even confused myself! lol. Ok here is what i want to do. I am trying to see if it will automatically set up my hosting plan for me using the "test" version of the authorize.net gateway. I activated it and put it in "Test mode." The question is this, if I go and pick out my service/plan, fill out my information, and use a personal credit card, will it be billed? Im assuming it will not be if it is in test mode, but I just want to be sure. I just hate to be charged onto my credit card because i was testing my system, thats all.

Thanks

Hey,

I can assure you that the payment gateway does work.. As for testing it out thats something you are going to have to talk with authorize.net. WHMCS has the authorize.net payment gateway meaning it's done automatically so once you sign up it will be billed. As for it being a test account you are going to have to contact authorize.net about that...

From,

Adam

I think this is what you are looking for. This is copied from the manual:

You can test the credit card gateways using any of the following test credit card numbers can be used to run test transactions through an Authorize.Net Payment Gateway account. Please note that these are not real card accounts, and will not generate an approval if your account is live. They will return a decline when live, and an approval when the account is in Test Mode.

You may use any expiration date after the current day’s date unless otherwise indicated.

370000000000002 - American Express Test Card

6011000000000012 - Discover Test Card

5424000000000015 - MasterCard Test Card

4007000000027 - Visa Test Card

4012888818888 - Visa Test Card II

3088000000000017 - JCB Test Card (Use expiration date 0905)

38000000000006 - Diners Club/Carte Blanche Test (Use expiration date 0905)