How the reseller domain account works ?

zilli

Hi folks,

A question here.... I am kind of lost..

How the reseller domain account works ? I am talk about the Directi. I mean... can I put the price I want to sell domains to my clients or I need follow they prices ? Where is my gain in be a reseller ?

Thanks!

Basiclly you sign up and your pretty much half way there.

Once signed up you must create a customer in your control panel. You then add credit into your account (so customer pays you > you pay directi > domain received).

You put the details in the control panel of Directi into WHMCS, and then add the seperate tld's (.com, .org, .net etc) with a price for new, transfer and renewing them.

You can sell them at what price you wan't.

Basiclly you sign up and your pretty much half way there.

Once signed up you must create a customer in your control panel. You then add credit into your account (so customer pays you > you pay directi > domain received).

You put the details in the control panel of Directi into WHMCS, and then add the seperate tld's (.com, .org, .net etc) with a price for new, transfer and renewing them.

You can sell them at what price you wan't.

Where do I add funds? Do I add it to the customer, or to the main account? I hate to be a pain, but can you give a bit of a detailed walkthrough on it? Trying to switch over to this from Enom and I want to make sure things work right before I go about setting domain purchases to this registrar.

I'm not really the best person to explain i'm afraid as i've not sold anything through it (since i've not been activly using it properly yet).

What i've done is create a customer within Directi, take the id's in there for WHMCS and then add the tld's. I then added a large amount of funds to the customer account, and real funds to my reseller account.

Okay, so you don't add funds direct to the customer, instead you do the Credit Note function for the customer, and actual funds to the main account? And then it'll feed off the main account, correct?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I want a smooth transition.

I'm guessing this offers all the features ENom does if I'm in control of the domain, just not to customers via WHMCS? As in, if a customer purchased a domain from us and a reseller account, it would be possible to setup ns1.DOMAIN.com and ns2.DOMAIN.com with Directi, etc? People said the API was limited, but I'm hoping that the control panel itself allows flexibility...

What i've learnt is just adding a large amount of funds (enough to cover a lot of customers, it doesn't cost you anything - think of it as virtual funds) to the customer you create. You then have the funds debducted from the customers virtual funds, which is then taken from your reseller funds.

Sorry i'm not much with anything further than this.

hey man, a quick question to you - why do you wnat to switch from enom ? I am in the point where I am seriosly considering them as my domain-reselling company..

if you can give me some insights on why should i not go with them /vs someone else.. I would appriciate that...

hey man, a quick question to you - why do you wnat to switch from enom ? I am in the point where I am seriosly considering them as my domain-reselling company..

if you can give me some insights on why should i not go with them /vs someone else.. I would appriciate that...

Enom is great, don't get me wrong. Their support usually responds within 48 hours, they fix the issue with the first response about 40% of the time, and if they don't fix it then, I only have to send a few more ticket responses to clarify. In my experiences of the past, that's about average; most companies don't always get things right immediately. However, we've had a lot of issues with them holding money and then not registering domains immediately, at which point someone else registers the domain (this HAS happened). They openly admitted to me, "We had the money from your balance on hold, and during this hold period the domain was purchased." That's a big big problem with me.

And... Money. We don't really get any domain sales with our $9.45 Enom pricing, but with $7.95 Directi pricing, we can sell more (we've already surveyed our customers and they said $8.50 or less is good).

Enom still, for some reason, has half of our funds (about $100) on hold, and we can't use it, and they won't take it off hold. I have a major issue with that, because I've escalated tickets and such, and they still refuse to give us the money. Instead of giving us money, they added items to our cart and told us we should be able to purchase them, which wasn't even the issue we submitted a ticket for. So while they're willing to fix functionality issues, unregister domains that were registered by a fraudulent WHMCS purchase, etc, I refuse to let them just take my money and not give an explanation.