Existing Email still creates account

buckneri

i just tested something today. i was using my site to create a customers account since using the whole order process seems to work smoother and i accidentally put an email address that already exists in my system (my admin address- thinking since a client is not actually there with that email that it would let me make one and then i could change it later. this is order is a preliminary so i actually dont want the info mailed to the client yet.). step 6 was a blank screen (which actually happens at ALL of my orders currently) and when i refreshed like i normally do it had the error there stating that the email already exists so i figured ok ill just log in and dump it since it was a test account email but when i logged in i noticed that the system had created the order... with that duplicate email address..

so i am sitting there with a screen asking me to enter a different email address and also a screen showing me that the account has been created.

shouldn't WHMCS not create anything until the customer enters a valid email address?

i aske because when i entered a new email address and hit submit again it just logged me into the client area after the sale with an error that something had gone wrong... but i can login to the client area with that email i first chose.

I know from experience, that a client can have the same email as an admin without any errors.

When I first installed WHMCS, I set up my admin credentials, and in my profile, I listed my email as my correct email. I also set notification emails to go to that email. Then, I went and created an order for one of my other sites. I signed up as a customer, once again using my email as the customer's email. The system did not create any errors, and the order was placed in the system with no problems.

This is definitely a weird error, and I'm not sure what is going on... I just though that my experience in this would help you with a diagnosis.