Pay Affiliate

bonhommie

I have looked around, and I didn't notice a thread with my exact same question. It may seem obvious, but I have to ask.

on the manage affiliates detail page, I know I have to manually calculate and fill in the "withdrawn" field. But when I click "PAY" on a signup, it will increment the "balance" field. Do I have to manually click "PAY" on ALL the signups listed in order to calculate a balance? I thought there was a script somewhere that will calculate and increment the affiliate balance once the waiting period is over.

Also, even though it is supposed to pay affiliates "monthly" on this service, if I click "pay" twice in one sitting, it just keeps adding!!!

I feel like on my clumsy days, I may be out of a lot of cash.

I have not done very much with the affiliate mod but I think that this is done by cron on the first of the month following the waiting period.

thanks for a quick response! That's what I thought too, but assuming I set my waiting period to 5 days. Orders that are received on the last day of the month are held until the morning of the 6th to verify they are still active. Then the commission should be calculated and added to the balance. So, I am thinking that the balance on the 6th of every month, should be ALL the commission made the previous month, and I can go ahead and write my check.

I am assuming this is a continuous thing where an affiliate's balance increases gradually during the month? no?

Also, anyone please help out with my initial post above.

If I'm not mistaking, the adding of commission is a continuous thing.

I think that if an order is placed, lets say the 15th, the 5 day waiting period would prevent the commission from being added until the 20th. Therefore, since the commission is added on the 20th of the month, the affiliate could then withdraw funds at that time.

I do apologize. I don't think I fully understand what you were asking in your original post. Where are you clicking "PAY"?

If I'm not mistaking, the adding of commission is a continuous thing.

I think that if an order is placed, lets say the 15th, the 5 day waiting period would prevent the commission from being added until the 20th. Therefore, since the commission is added on the 20th of the month, the affiliate could then withdraw funds at that time.

thanks. I placed several test orders yesterday with 0 waiting period, and the cron didn't update the balance this morning. So I wonder if it does work that way?

I do apologize. I don't think I fully understand what you were asking in your original post. Where are you clicking "PAY"?

You did answer a part of my original post(thanks), but I'm still wondering about the fact that it doesn't stop me from clicking pay over and over.

Plus, I wonder if anyone who actually uses this system has some input? tips?

thanks!