Is it me, or is maxmind not blocking orders from South Africa?

neobug103

Yeah south affrica is a * country. They want to get americans money and they'll do it anyway possible. From mass emailing from your server. Or to putting up a site to get Americans information. I'm actually typing a paper on this for my school. The FBI and the rest of the american government are trying to do the best they can. But its just so hard to take care of this problem especially where it is located. But if YOUR server techs are accepting this order then I would tell them not to :) maybe check all the IP's when they sign up just to be safe. Going out of your way might keep your self out of trouble.

Good luck!

No offense, but PLEASE don't confuse South Africa (the Republic of South Africa for that matter) with other African countries on the same continent, like Zimbabwe / Nigeria / Tanzania / etc.

South Africa is a Republic and not linked to the scammers in the rest of Africa. We (I live in South Africa) have servers in South Africa, USA & Australia and the thing that irritates me the most is international companies who refuse todo business with us cause they're ignorant about the continent of Africa and confuse us. It's the same as saying Mexico is in America, cause it's on the same continent :)